Friday, July 8, 2016

June Into July | 2016


Eight days in and I'm finally writing this month's post.

I haven't prioritized blogging at all lately, and for the most part I'm okay with that. I've been sick a lot, I've been in the hospital twice this month, so when I'm feeling good I'm more interested in reading or hiking or doing yard work to try and make that $$ than I am in blogging. I'm sure this will change as summer fades, but for now it's what's up. 

But I'm not ditching it all together. I'm still trying to keep up with some book reviews over on Filthy Casket. And I'm going to try to get at least one blog post up over here per week, but I'm not stressing over it. 

Since I wrote last month's post so late, I'm just going to cheat and extend those goals through this month. #ambition #not They were: 

1. Get outside more So far so good.
2. Read six books I've read eight and a half! I'm on a reading roll. Give me some butter. This month I'd specifically like to chip away at my summer reading list
3. Post five book reviews I've done two so far.
4. Finish the reviews of the books in The Underland Chronicles I've not done any since making that goal...
5. Eat better meh, somewhat so far.
6. Lose ten pounds I've lost three at this point.

So those are my goals for the rest of the month. 

I wanted to keep this post short and I don't have a ton to say, but it seems wrong to not mention some of the things going on right now. For the moment I'll leave it at just saying that my heart is heavy for Alton Sterling and his family, Philando Castile and his family, and the officers and protesters shot in Dallas and their families. And especially for Cameron, Sterling's 15 year old boy, whose sobs haven't left my mind since the night I heard them on TV. 
__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment