Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekling: W.5

For previous posts in this series, go here: Weeklings

Happenings

This week was weird.  It was semi-busy for the first few days, but once I hit my last day of work it just became a big vat of boring and I was going out of my mind.  After realizing that doing nothing would make me insane and just become worse with time, I told myself, "I should organize everything!  All the things!"

...So now I've got a killer to-do list for the apartment, a list of doctors to see, and a week filled with things like oil changes and getting brakes fixed.  And applying for jobs.  And I cleaned (okay, well, almost finished cleaning) my bedroom and did a bit of a purge.  All in all I donated 6 bags of stuff and threw out a bunch of junk.  And rearranged my furniture.  Once all of my errands are done, I'm going to need to figure out something else to do. 

Also, my friend and I went to see Maleficent this week.  It was awesome and you should see it.  It was badass.  And good.  Elle Fanning was fine in it, but nothing special.  Angelina Jolie was incredible, though.    


Over all, not a bad week, just a strange one. 

Thankful for 

Doctors.  And the fact that I have a car.

Books I'm reading now

I finally finished The Great Divorce.  Review coming soon.  Still working on Divergent, Little Women, and The Twelve Tribes of Hattie. 

Best kid quotes 

"Would you rather have to get everywhere on a bike, or have a really ratchet car?"
(After seeing my face)
"What?  I know what ratchet means.  I'm cool, I know this stuff."
-Nine year old girl

"She's not an aspiring singer, she's an expired singer." 
-SAME nine year old girl

The fourth graders needed to write down their favorite memories at the school and/or something they will miss after "graduating."  This nine (maybe ten) year old boy said, "My absolute favorite memory from school is nap time because I really love sleeping."  Oh my God. 


To-do

Yes!  The to-do list!  I made it.  I'll cross things off as I finish them.  
Here it is: List

Links worth looking at


Don't read the next two if you haven't seen Maleficent but want to.


Bonus


Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :) 

__
Charlotte







No comments:

Post a Comment