Thursday, August 28, 2014

Random, Random Things.


I have been a horrible  blogger lately.  I had all these great big plans, but life.  So as I'm getting back into it, I'm going to leave this post here.  One of my friends suggested a post like this, so to avoid coming up with any ideas on my own, I took her advice.  Here are some random facts about me: 
  • I watched that documentary, Mitt, on Netflix, and now I like Mitt Romney (not enough to vote for him). 
  • The Twelve Tribes of Hattie is the best book I've ever read.  It's beautifully written.
  • My sports teams are as follows: 
  1. Baseball – Yankees 
  2. Football – Giants, Packers, Ravens (I only started caring about the Ravens after watching The Blind Side.  Pathetic.)
  3. Basketball – Knicks, Bulls (I only started caring about the Bulls after watching Space Jam in 1996.  Not pathetic, I think.)
  4. Hockey – Rangers
  5. Soccer – whoever. 
  • I also like watching wrestling or MMA, but I’m not cool enough and don’t watch it often enough to know people’s names.  When I was ten I could name all of the pro-wrestlers.  But now I can’t.  That’s a damn shame.  (But also it means I was a cool kid, so that’s fine.)
  • I hate when men wear flip flops.
  • I don’t mind when people choose to take shoes off in the house, but I will never be someone who makes people take their shoes off in the house. 
  • I read the Harry Potter books about ten times a year.
  • I don’t have one favorite movie – I have about five.
  • Driving is my coping mechanism.  Which is real wonderful for my wallet and the environment because gas.
  • There is nothing I dread more than making phone calls.  Which really bodes well for like, being a functioning human being. 
  • I can’t decide if I actually like politics or not.
  • My favorite prayer is the Memorare. 
  • I cannot stand Taylor Swift. 
  • I prefer swimming in the ocean to swimming in anything that isn’t an ocean.
  • I start feeling nauseous the minute I tell people anything of significance.  Even the people I trust the most.  Because obviously I’m great with emotions.
  • My dream car has been a green Subaru outback for years.  A few months ago I had to buy a car – the circumstances were really stressful and it’s still a huge expense that I’m not confident I can keep up – but the cheapest car relative to miles was a green Subaru Impreza Outback.  So I’m driving my dream car.
  • My favorite food is mashed potatoes.
  • I want, like, twenty kids.  By twenty I mean like, hopefully more than one.  Or even one.  Subfertility scares.
  • Chili is my second favorite food.  I think.
  • I’m 23 and I’ve lived in 11 different places.  Really the only thing I want, materially speaking, is one house that I can stay in for-eva. 
  • I get death stares of mockery from a lot of my friends because of my views on abortion and birth control. 
  • My favorite color is green. 
  • My full first name has 17 letters in it. 
  • I loved porcelain dolls as a child.  I had shelves full of them. (This means I loved both porcelain dolls and wrestlers.  Wide array of interests.)
  • The crock pot is my favorite kitchen magic tool. 
  • I usually read about 20 books a year, not counting Harry Potter.  I'm trying to get that number up to 50.  
  • I really like baking.  And then having people over to eat said snacks. 
  • Cards are my thing.  I really love sending cards.  Oh, it's Thanksgiving?  Let's send everyone a card! 
  • I watch the Lord of the Rings movies about once a month.  Don't know if I should be proud of this or embarrassed.  Let's go with proud. 
  • I'm usually super paranoid.  I check my place for predators before going to bed.  I still don't have an action plan for if I ever actually found one... 
  • On that same theme of paranoia - when people tell me they can't swim I freak out.  What happens if you fall out of a plane and into the ocean or something?  (That's a reasonable fear, shush.) 
  • And just to really solidify my candidacy for psycho of the year....... I have a fear of living anywhere other than the mid-Atlantic or the Northeast.  There are hurricanes in the south, earthquakes on the west coast, and tornadoes everywhere else.  I can't deal with the thought of that.  I can handle blizzards, but that's it.  It also freaks me out when other people decide to move to these places.  
  • I own a folding bike.  Cool stuff. 
  • I accidentally punched a blind girl once.  I still feel a little bad about that. 
  • Going to the movies is my absolute favorite thing.  Which really fucking sucks since it's around $12 a ticket now.  Bull.  
That's enough, I think.

_
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment