Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Amusing & Confusing


I work with kids, and I used to include funny quotes of theirs on my Weeklings, but since there are many weeks where I don't work with the kids, I decided to just make their quotes into separate posts.  Kids are insane little humans. 

"Hey Char... are you in a mean-Charlotte-mood or a fun-Charlotte-mood?" 
I'm always in both, kid.  

"Well you will probably lose at this because you're old, so your bones are bitter." 
 I can only assume he meant brittle?  We were playing baseball.  I did, in fact, lose. 

"You're mad at me for THAT?  Well then we'll see what happens outside at the sandbox." 
Well okay then.  Some hot tempers. 

"Charlotte, you should probably just be a mom.  Because you're really good at being mean.  But sometimes you're fun."
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I'll get right on that. 

(If bathroom talk freaks you out, skip this one.)
"Okay, sorry but you're going to be out here waiting.  I need to poop.  I didn't poop today, and all people are supposed to poop.  So I'm going to go ahead and poop." 
Thanks for the health lesson and thanks for letting me know you've got your priorities straight. 

"You can't make fun of me because I'm just like you.  If you make fun of me, you're making fun of yourself." 
Fair point. 

"I'm in fourth grade.  Third graders are so childish."
Indeed. 

"Can you please tell us if Jackie is older than us?  She's 6 and we're 5." 
I mean I get that you're in kindergarten, but come on. 

"You'd probably be a chocolate chip cookie, if you really were going to be a cookie." 
This said as I made my way to the cookie jar, spot of shame for all duck-duck-goose players. 

"I had a great day!  I had a terrific day!  I was great!  And I was behaved!  And I moved up on the list!  And those other girls didn't listen to the teacher, no they did not!  No no no.  But I DID." 
The reward system some teachers use don't work with all kids, but they definitely work on this kid. 

Little back story on this one real quick - we have a kid who has a nick name.  Let's say his real name is Chris (It's not, but I don't want to use his real name on here.)  But he goes by LJ.  LJ doesn't include the initial of his real first name. 
"Hey, what does 'LJ' stand for?" 
"It stands for LJ." 
"But what do the L and J mean?"
"They mean LJ." 
"What's your full name?" 
"It's Chris.  Or LJ." 
In an attempt to ask the question a different way... "How did you get that nick name?" 
"Well, I didn't have a good nick name.  And then we found a good nick name." 
Excellent.  Don't worry, mystery was eventually solved.  

"Hello Kitty inspires me." 
For me it was Barney, but hey. 

The joy. 
_
Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment