Sunday, September 7, 2014

Baby Rants + I Need Some Advice + Wonderful Music


The title of this post might be misleading.  I'm not devoting this to babies.  These are just some half-assed rants about everything and anything.  "Mini Rants" would probably be more appropriate, so as not to suggest I'm ranting about little humans.  When I realized that "baby rants" might be interpreted as rants about actual babies I was highly amused so I decided to create that there^ picture and from now on when I have little rants to go on (like this paragraph is becoming), I'm going to use it.  Totally irrelevant.  Although I could totally devote a whole post to babies because apparently my body and/or brain has been baby craving like it's my job.  Lord knows I nearly die when I pass baby clothes in a store.  But.......anyway.  MUCH DIGRESS. 
There have been, as always, about 54 things annoying me lately.  I've considered writing individual posts for some of them, but then decided, after rational thought, "nahhh."  So instead, I'll devote a paragraph of bitching to some of them.  Yay! 

1. Ferguson/Race/Police Brutality

Police brutality is an issue for everyone, sure.  Not going to deny that.  Some police abuse their power, and they do so in a way that victimizes anyone.  That said, race is an issue.  Fellow white people, please stop insisting otherwise.  Black folks and white folks do not have the same experiences in America, and the killing of Michael Brown have shed light on one of the many, many ways black people are dehumanized in America.  If I hear one more person say, "they're playing the race card again," or "they should just listen to the cops," or "if they didn't dress and act the way they do, this wouldn't happen," I'm going to go insane.  Other white people, please stop insisting that people of color act the way you act.  Wearing saggy pants does not make a person less of a person.  Cursing at a police officer does not justify being shot and killed by a police officer.  And playing the race card isn't a thing.  It's not a card.  It's a goddam struggle, and all people should be mad about it and black people have every single right to be pissed about it.  I could go much deeper on this, but these are BABY RANTS.  If you want more info on this, do a simple google search and you'll be able to real quick-like get the statistics. 

2. The leaked nude pictures of actresses, including Jennifer Lawrence

Let's just 1 2 3 get this straight - it's not okay to leak naked photos of any person, regardless of any circumstances.  And this wasn't just theft.  It was a sex crime.  When you purposely attack certain people, predominantly women, and purposely look for photos that are sexual, and intentionally leak them knowing that they are going to be used in a sexual way, you're committing a sex crime and it DOES echo rape culture in America.  It does, then, pertain to women's issues.  Most men seem to insist that this isn't the case.  A lot of women have a hard time seeing this too, presumably because we're taught that you're the devil if you take naked pictures of yourself but I'm not sure if that's why.  I do know that it doesn't matter if you take naked pictures, it doesn't matter if you're a celebrity, it doesn't matter if iCloud isn't the most secure place to store things.  It's a fucking crime and the victims are just that - victims - who deserve our respect and empathy and support just like any victim of a crime.  UGH I am so sickened by the response this got. 

3. The Middle East and President Obama

(I probably should be more specific, but I mean, ISIS, Israel, Palestine.... all of it.)  

I'm not a pacifist.  I think there are certain (though few) times where military action is necessary.  For instance, when one country is slaughtering the people of another.  I'm not like, filled with hatred for Israelis by any means, but their leadership is fucked up, much like our own.  You don't fucking oppress people and kill people.  That's not defense.  America's politicians are mostly (and obnoxiously) pro-Israel, and I think that's a damn shame.  Both Israel and Palestine have their issues, and being pro-Israel isn't going to end the constant violence happening there.  As far as ISIS goes... again, I'm not against military action in some cases.  But any time this president says he's going to use force, I get worried.  If he was truly using it for the right reasons, he'd also be using it in other areas of the world, like Gaza and like Ukraine.  I get a little weary when he says we're doing any kind of military work, because it probably means we're going to go kill people, often innocent people, for self-interest.  Or I should probably say for the interest of our military contractors.  I guess my point is that I'm pissed off. 

Okay, I'm getting in too bad of a mood to continue this here practice, so moving on to advice.

HELP! 

It's hard for me to admit this, but I was totally making dip earlier and I thought to myself, while stirring the sour cream, "Wow, my arm is getting tired."

YOU GUYS.  That is unacceptable.  I mean it's hilarious in a sad sort of way.  But mostly that is bad bad bad.  I mean, my arm was sore from making a delicious, unhealthy snack.  Prayers going up to Saint Jude, patron of lost causes.

I wrote earlier how I wanted to lose weight and become healthier.  Then shit went down.  One, I have health issues.  I have an enlarged spleen and they haven't yet figured out what's causing it.  But I'm in pain whenever my body is straight.  Which means when I'm trying to sleep and when I'm standing up or walking.  You can see how this is problematic, yes?  And two, I stopped taking medicine a few weeks ago.  One of the side effects of this medicine was that my appetite was suppressed.  So now, not so much.  I swear I am hungry ALL THE TIME.  I can eat a full, healthy meal and five minutes later feel hungry again. 

Together, this makes for weight gain and a rapid decrease in my overall health.  I feel totally out of shape.  Like worse than before, if that's possible.  I've tried working out numerous times and the pain I feel is unbelievable.  I know to expect pain since I'm not in shape, but it specifically makes the abdominal pain that I always feel get a thousand times worse.  And I'm not supposed to take otc pain killers because my liver enzymes are out of whack.  I try to mostly eat okay foods (the dip obviously was an example of NOT okay), and I'm eating regular meals with regular proportions, and I've upped the amount of fruits, vegetables, and water I take in every day.  But it hasn't curbed my appetite at all.  
So I've got this issue where my regular work out is excruciating and I'm a never-ending hungry person.  do any of you know of exercises that WORK and that don't involve standing too long or too much abdominal stress?  Please don't say yoga.  My body can't do those things and I don't see how that strengthens muscle....  Or some incredible power food that ends hungers?  

And lastly, ending on a positive note, MUSIC.  If you're here thinking I'm talking about real "Good" music, leave.  When I say wonderful music I mean these are the cheap fun entertainment type of songs that I JAM to in my car.  And in my house.  And in my sleep.  Oh gosh I love this summer's music.  Here are my current favorites: 

1. Don't - Ed Sheeran 


2. Bang Bang - a bunch of people


3. Anaconda - Nicki Minaj (oh good Lord I love this song.  It's all types of vulgar, but I love it.  And I crack up at "he toss my salad like his name was Romaine.) 


4. Trumpets - Jason Derulo 


5. Shake it Off - Taylor Swift (I do not like Taylor Swift at all.  Her songs are annoyingly entertaining though.  Ugh.)


6. All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor 



Am I missing any??

Thanks for hanging around for the never-ending post.

_
Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment