Friday, February 20, 2015

Dream House(s)

I've been sitting on Pinterest going crazy over clawfoot tubs so I figured why not be productive and turn that addiction into a blog post?  


First Up: Exteriors

I'm not very decisive when it comes to what I want a house to look like on the outside.  (Or, whether or not I want to live in a city...)  I love brownstones, farmhouses, and basically anything with a porch.  But I also like small, cute houses.  And I love brick.  Decisive.  Here are my favorite exteriors (figured I should do one of each type of house I like). 

1. El Brownstone
Source 
Part of me really wants to live in a city.  Buuuuut, part of me does not.  BUT if I do, my dream house would look something like that ^.

2. The Farmhouse  
Source
 Like I said, I don't know if I want to live in the city.  Because look at that house.  I totally want chickens one day to save hard-earned $3/week on eggs, and that kind of land would be nice.  Plus it's just pretty.  And green.  And lovely.

3. The Brick House 
Source
 My love for brick knows no boundaries.  Loooook how warm that looks.  

4. The Thomas Kinkade House

Source
 Swoon.  This looks like a painting.  I want to live here. 

The Kitchen

I have a crush on red and blue kitchens.  But I also have a crush on whites and yellows.  And also subway tile.  Ahem, and so many other things.  But these are my absolute favorite kitchen-pinspirations: 

1. The Big Kitchen (Remember, I need to pick one for a house and one for a brownstone.  Obviously.)

Source
LOOK AT IT.  I'd feel silly saying "swoon" again but... yeah.  The light walls with deep floor color go so well with the blue-ish cabinets.  It's colorful without being too colorful.  And sooo much counter space.  And so many cabinets!  I also like the mix of glass fronts up top and regular cabinets on the bottom.  And the hood.  And the huge stove.  And the butcher block island.  Swooooooooooon. 

2. The Smaller Kitchen 

Source
You know, I think I just have a thing for butcher block.  (Butcher's block?)  You get what I'm saying. 

The Dining Room 

I like food rooms. 

1. The Big Dining Room 

Source
I'm not usually this colorful, but I realllllly like this.  I like the colors of the chairs with the light-ish wood table and white walls.  And I love how many people it seats.  I like cooking for everyone and their mothers, so a 14-seat table sounds perfect. 

2. The Smaller Dining Room 

Source
This is way smaller than I'd normally like.  WAY smaller.  In fact I'm questioning including it.  But since sometimes city living means not having real space, I'll include this fetus of a dining room because I do think it's kind of charming and bright and warm and easy to pull together. I'd probably pull the table away from the wall a bit, though. 

The Living Room

The best room in a house!  These are my current favorites: 

1. The Big Living Room 

Source
I think it's highly unlikely that I will ever have a living room this fabulous, but this post is titled "dream house" so I'm including it. 

2. The Smaller Living Room

Source
My current (realistic) living room crush.  This looks clean and neat, but soooo cozy.  I need it. 

The Office

1. The Big Office

Source
Heaven on Earth.  Look at the big desk!  (I love having a huge desk/table area to spread papers all over while working.)  AND LOOK AT THE STORAGE.  And how light and airy.  Want. 

2. The Smaller "Office"

Source
Okay, not so much an office as some desk space.  But look how pretty.  I am a big fan of wall paper and or murals.  Big, big fan. 

The Bathroom

I just want a clawfoot tub.  I picked this image, but really I'll take any bathroom with a clawfoot tub. 

Source
Behold. This bathroom would change my life. 

The Bedroom

I don't need a huge bedroom.  I don't understand the obsession with big bedrooms (except for kids, because they're good to play in or to sleep several kids or whatever).  So I just base it on how pretty it is.  Aka do you know how hard it was to pick just one?  They're all so pretty.  But I'm liking the feel of this one. 

Source
It's pretty without being too girly.  And the natural light?  What's that?............swoon. 

Rooms for Los Children

I don't have kids but this is a theoretical post so I'm including this room.  Kids rooms are way more fun. 

Source
I get that this is a dream house post and so I could have included the amazing Harry Potter rooms or princess rooms or whatever that are alllll over Pinterest, but when I have kids I'd rather their rooms be filled with siblings than with loads and loads of things they don't need.  

And finally...........

The Outside

1. City Garden (A deck or small patio)

Source
Can I please have coffee out here every morning? 

2. As Much Room as I Want

Source
MAGICAL THING OF MAGIC. 

Annnnnnnnnnnd that wraps it up.  Now to guess the winning lotto numbers.......

__
Charlotte






No comments:

Post a Comment