Sunday, September 27, 2015

link love


First and not really foremost, check out the new tabs up there.  I re-did the pages so that they are a little sleeker and more reader friendly (hopefully!).  

I also feel compelled to let all you readers (hey, Liz) know that I'm watching the season premiere of Once Upon a Time right now and Regina just called Hook "Guyliner" and wow, do I love this show.

Pope Francis is here and I'm loving it.  I'm going to share Pope-related links first.  The stories of him have made me both cry and laugh.

Also, The Onion is having fun with the visit and I'm loving that, too.

If you're into politics/economics/Pope Francis, I'd suggest giving this a read.  To me, Catholicism fits in really well with progressivism - for the most part.  But really, democrats and republicans should stop claiming Francis as their own.

And now for the non-Pope-celebratory links: 

I'm just slightly obsessed with personality tests (I usually get INFJ or ISFJ) and so I thought this list of versions of Hell for the different personality types was pretty spectacular.  

I have friends who don't want to get married and I'm cool with it.  Super cool with it.  Really, no one should unhappily wed just because society tells them to.  But I also think that society paints marriage as a really awful, constricting thing, and that annoys me.  I really enjoyed this article on Verily about her idea of marriage and how that plays with the common themes of bachelorette parties.

Liz sent me this article highlighting a woman's first taste of soda and it's perfect.  Even more perfect is the comment someone left that asks, "What would happen if she had tried Coke?" 

Loved this list of signs you're addicted to Harry Potter!  I (sadly?) don't show all the signs, but there are many I do.  (And I've been seriously thinking about getting a HP tattoo - we shall see!)

The Dalai Lama said that if he came back as a woman, he'd have to be attractive for people to take him seriously.  People got pretty mad at him, but my guess is that he was commenting on the sad state of society.  He's probably right.  Women are taken less seriously in general.  (Also, we should all keep him in our thoughts as it seems he is sick.)

I can't understand any of the words in this article, but the pictures, THE PICTURES!  I want to vacation there, man.


Ah, how to differentiate between men and boys!  Kinda wanna put this in my pocket to save for later.

Speaking of boys, can everyone stop referring to women as "females" please?  It's dehumanizing. 

I seriously need to learn how to do my hair and makeup.  While I'll never be quite this fancy, I can't help but swoon over these red-carpet looks.  So glamorous!


Eating up reviews of Mindy Kaling's new book.

Parenthood isn't death.  I'mma save this read for later. 

I need, um, all the dating tips I can get.  As we all know.  (Also, yes or no?)

The world is good and so is pizza!  Best of both.  I loved this story.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm always gracious about my perpetual single-hood.  I should read this every now and then for le gentle reminder. 

I loved this post about what makes the Harry Potter books so great!  And I loved this related post, as well.

Please don't tell me there is anything okay or normal about capitalism.

Yo, politics, satire, and neurosurgeons.  Doesn't get better.  Thanks, Ben Carson!

I liked this little prompt about our happiest moments.  I probably will never share my happiest moment with the www, but I did share some happy moments right here.   

Men and feminine beauty.

And I think that might be it for this week's links.  

Off to watch Netflix. xo. 
__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment