Saturday, September 12, 2015

link love (new format!)


These posts, while I love the stuff I link to (obviously), always feel a little tedious to write.  So I've decided to try a new format - maybe a little more conversational?  

I mentioned a few days ago that I love September and that I am absolutely looking forward to the return of Grey's Anatomy and Once Upon a Time.  Check out this article that tells us a little more about Emma as the Dark One.  (A lot of the sneak peaks show the characters in their Enchanted Forest costumes and I'm so excited!  There is nothing so wonderful in the land of TV as the Evil Queen's outfits.  She is something fierce.)

My longtime readers (hi Liz) know I've been diving (more like wading but whatever) back into religion and I've mentioned before how much the internet has helped.  This remains true as ever (I really don't know how or why I just spoke like that?), and there have been so many great posts lately.  Of course, Stephen Colbert is taking the world by storm - I wonder if he knows he's doing so much joy-driven evangelizing... anyway, I enjoyed both the GQ article about him as well as this sneak-peak interview.  (Also, I was happy to see the Bishops stand up for labor rights in their statement.  I also enjoyed this article, which urges leaders and societies who claim to be Christians to allow refugees to enter their/our countries.)  And I particularly loved this post from Meg at His Pierced Hands about praying in churches

Fall = best season for clothes, and I think I need this sweater.  Swoon. 

I'm moving back to NY soon and.... let's be all sun shiny and call the room a "fresh slate" (aka it's literally without baseboards and I can see the outside world from the inside and I have no furniture at the moment but THAT doesn't sound as nice as "fresh slate").  I'm probably going to have to be there for at least a year, so I'm going to slowly try and make it a nice place to live, so as to be less depressing.  I've been watching Friends a lot lately and I'm kind of in love with Monica's apartment.  I like this (old!) post about reasons to love it, and I'm going to keep it in mind while decorating.

As much as I kind of hate politics lately, I was super relieved to hear we'll be allowing 10,000 refugees (though... probably should take more?).  Politickle me pink.  

Some more political fun right here.

Anyone else really sick of police brutality?  You don't just tackle people.  I don't understand why cops can't understand that concept.  

Somewhat related (but not entirely): this post about a proposed police training facility in Wilmington.

I'm constantly reading Harry Potter.  Constantly.  And I love it, but I want to read other books, too.  So I've put them nice and high on my bookshelf to try and deter myself from read HP and only HP.  I'm almost done with The Wizard of Oz (more on that later) and I'm not sure what I'll read next.  But I always love adding books to my must-read list.  I've only read one of these books, so maybe that's why my life is currently in shambles?  And YA isn't normally my favorite genre, but some of these sound great.  

Speaking of Harry Potter, I'm not fond of this ranking of HP couples.

And in case you too are looking for a little guidance/self improvement, I've been mulling over this and this.  

That's all for this week, I think.  (And I think I do prefer this format to the dreaded list.)

Off to finish watching this too-close-for-my-comfort Notre Dame game.  xo. 
__
Charlotte  

No comments:

Post a Comment