Monday, November 2, 2015

October Into November | 2015


It's been raining here for over a week. We've had two random days of nice weather, but in general if it rains, it rains for days. I adore the rain, so it's not really a problem, though it does make getting exercise harder. Or, well, it makes it easier for me to fake-justify not exercising. Going for a walk or jog in the rain wouldn't kill me, but I act like it would. Between the dampness and sports teams, things are pretty meh today. The Giants lost, Green Bay lost, the Mets lost (I'm a Yankees fan but I want NY to be the best at everything, so I was rooting for the Mets). At least Notre Dame won! 

This month was terribly slow and not much happened. A few things, though: 

1. A trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway


Okay, so it's not a real trip. It's about 40 minutes from me. But I don't go often because it's an uphill hike and gas isn't free, homie. I originally planned to take a trip to Asheville this month, but then I decided I'd rather see the Blue Ridge. I've never seen it in fall and I thought it would be nice. I'll write a post about it tomorrow!  

2. Healthity health health

I've not needed to go to the hospital since last time! Exciting. I've had a few doctor appointments, and this Thursday is my procedure and I'm not freaking out about it. Yet. I'll probably start tomorrow. 

The endo stuff seems to have taken a break. The birth control has worked as far as regulating the actual days and times (at least, as of now), and while the pain is still bad, it feels like it's less frequent. I still want to pursue treatment of course, but I'm relieved that this can kind of be put on the back burner while the liver stuff is happening. 

3. Ignoring all my monthly goals but... 

Yeah, I sort of ignored my goals this month. But it's largely because I decided to work on my daily habits instead, and it's been taking an embarrassing amount of effort. I think I'll write a post devoted to this later, but basically I have to constantly talk myself out of everything I'd normally do. I may or may not feel like a crazy person. 

That said, I did work toward some of my goals. I've been writing a lot. I didn't finish an entire chapter, but I did write. I've posted just about three times a week. I want to increase that a little, but it's a start, and I don't think it's too bad, especially since I've also been blogging on Filthy Casket. I've been exercising more, reading spiritual books more, and writing reviews more (though I was a little shy of my goal to write eight reviews).

Speaking of goals, here's what I want to do this month: 

1. Figure out a way to go to church. (My family makes this hard, because some of them tend to mock everything and/or be suspicious of everything. It's hard to explain. This is part of why I'm really dying to go back to Albany.)

2. Read five books. (I dropped the ball this month and read the first chapters of a few books instead of reading any books in their entirety.) 

3. Radically change my diet. (I've been doing this already but it is literally the hardest thing ever for me. I'll write more about it in that habits post.)

4. Do difficult exercises at least four times a week. (As in, uphill hiking or basketball or jogging.)

5. Continue posting at least three times a week on THL. 

6. Write at least six book reviews on FC. 

7. Finalize plans to go back to NY.

I think that's a solid amount of goals and that I should be able to complete them. 

That's it for this month's (very short?) post. xo. 
__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment