Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Organization is key

and all that jazz. 

It's been a hot minute since I published a blog post. Slacker. I've been trying to get on top of stuff - mostly medical and financial, real cheery stuff. Blogging has taken a back seat to some of my other priorities but hopefully as things straighten out I can get going again. Not going to stress about it. 

As I'm trying to change things and get on a routine, I've tried to pay attention to the little things too. I've noticed that things as small as keeping my drawers organized or my bed made etc etc add to my happiness and totally, totally, totally help with stress. So in that spirit... I finally got myself a hanging jewelry organizer. It's not too fancy but it's cute and it does the job and I've quite enjoyed it. Let me tell you - searching through a bin filled with jewelry for a tiny earring was not ideal. I'd end up dumping the entire bin out on to my bed.. and it'd stay there all day because I'd be rushing out of the door without time to clean up my mess. I try not to do that anymore. I procrastinate less and organize more and the little things add up to smoother days. 

And so! Behold:


I cannot put into words how much I love this thing. It's so practical. Practical is good. And! Freeing up that bin which had been holding my jewelry meant I finally found a home for all my nail polish. I threw that along with a few other bins into one big basket with all my self care stuff: 


I know this is incredibly minor/non-blog-worthy, but you know, it's the little things. Also, as anyone who reads this blog (hey Liz) knows, I have depression. Staying very organized is one of the ways I stay on top of it. Maybe I'll write about the other things (reading, routine, exercise, etc) soon. That way everyone who stumbles upon my blog can enjoy similarly short and meaningless posts. :) 

Until then
Charlotte

PS check out this incredibly gaudy ring I found at a garage sale. I normally hate stuff like this but for some reason, I LOVE it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment