Monday, March 7, 2016

February Into March | 2016

'pologies for the crappy picture. took it mainly to show my bud Liz a pic of my new-to-me shoes and sweater.
Hello, party people! 

I've been ever so consistent with these monthly posts. (/sarcasm) Things have been extremely busy lately - both good busy and bad busy. I think the last time I wrote a legit monthly post was October/November?? And then I got into an accident, derailing, um, everything. But things feel like maybe perhaps possibly they are on the upswing. Sort of.

So yes! Things went a little haywire. But I'm trying to get back into my mediocre blogging habits - a hefty step up from my current slacker situation. I did manage to get a book review up today! Wooo! Did something!

In all seriousness, I have been doing things lately. Liiike: 

1. Made this:


Let me tell you, actually doing the things I save on Pinterest is hella satisfying. Plus, this was fun AND productive. I get to watch it grow which is nice, but I'm also making about ten more to be sold ($ holla) at the store I help out at. Exciting. Unless no one buys them, in which case I'll be a 24 year old with hurt feelings and 11 gnome gardens. Prospects! Speaking of that store - I've been helping out a few hours here and there and it feels good to be a semi-productive member of society again. Unfortunately...

2. Paying Bills

Alright, listen. I'm glad to pay my bills, and the weight that slowly lifts off the old shoulders is terrific with each payment. But I also feel as though I'm living a near-constant anxiety attack because, well, my life is just wasting away. Am I being dramatic? A little! But here's the thing: a few months ago I hatched out the beginnings of a plan. It was a back up plan. It involved staying in the south instead of moving back to my beloved Albany. But it did involve moving. And the plan heavily relied on banking all of the money I'd make at that garden store. (As much as possible anyway. I still have basic bills, obviously.) But... bills. I've got basically mountains of medical bills, and I've been adding to them because... 

3. Fixing my mouth

Yeah, that was weirdly worded. I've had problems with my teeth for years, and I'm finally at a point where I can do something about it. So I've got dentist bills, oral surgeon bills, primary bills, and even a shnazzy emergency room bill. I found an awesome dentist and I'm getting less and less terrified with every appointment (although... still can't stop myself from shaking uncontrollably every. single. time.). So at the moment my plan has taken a back seat to this. I can't save much money at all, so it looks like I won't be moving by summertime. Definitely by next winter though (I have the added motivation of my family moving here - so I will definitely be out of here, if it means I'm living out of my car). Really, my dental issues are almost resolved, so hopefully even before winter. I'm disappointed about the postponement, but I'm also glad I'm getting everything fixed. I am so looking forward to the day when I'm not in pain and when I can actually chew. It's going to be glorious. 


4. Other medical stuff

I hesitate to write this, fearing I may jinx it, but..... it is starting to feel like my medical problems are truly clearing up. KNOCK THE F ON WOOD, EVERYONE. I still get abdominal pain sometimes, and I don't know if it's my bile duct or not, but I do know it's manageable. The endometriosis... well, it's still there. I have killer cramps sometimes, but for the most part, otc pain meds are enough (knock on wood again). I don't like that birth control is just a bandaid and that I still have stuff growing on my organs, but... I can't worry about it right now. I want just a leeettle bit of stability, and then I'll tackle it again. I do still have bad back pain and sometimes-bad shoulder/collarbone pain from the accident. It's really not fun, and some days it knocks me out. But at least it's not as though I'm facing another surgery. So that's hopeful. 

I swear, the very moment I finished writing that paragraph I got a sharp cramp in my lower abdomen. DAMMIT, CHARLOTTE. (Cramp now gone. Know the drill, knock on wood.)

5. Other mentionables - 

Oh, gosh. My car. I was driving around one day when I hit a tiny bump and WHAM. My car honestly felt like it was going to fall apart. I got out to check the tires, because it straight up felt like an entire wheel fell off - so I assumed that I had a tire blow out. But... everything looked fine. I could tell something was very wrong. I could also tell it wasn't just the tires. (And I was met with several, "Why do you think you know everything?!" comments when I said I felt it wasn't just a matter of new tires. Um, because I'm driving it and sometimes you just KNOW what you feel?!) Turns out that when I bought the car, it was majorly screwed up. The entire underside is rusted and my control arms were... not good. One was cracked and busted, the other was literally not there. Not good! Like I said, I was able to get it fixed thanks to my grandparents, but the mechanic let me know that the back of the car isn't looking great either, and that due to the amount of rust, it's probably going to cost the same amount. Not looking forward to the day I have to fix it. Anyway, lesson learned and next time I buy a car I will have a mechanic look at the entire thing. Including the undercarriage. I'm a little less in love with my car than I used to be after this whole affair. 

Less stressful news - I've continued to lose weight. My current weight is the lowest it's been in like, five or six years. Some diet changes have helped, but I've also tried to exercise a bit more. I'm looking into joining the Y, so if that happens I'll really be on my way.

What other riveting adventures can I talk about? Hmmm. 

None. 

False! There are some more. I've finally watched Parks and Rec. I watched the first few episodes a couple of years (or months, who knows) back and I wasn't wildly fond about it. But my friend Joe told me to just get past the first season. So I gave it another try and oh my gosh I loved it. I'm sad I finished it, I want more!!!! In that same vein of second chances, I've just restarted 30 Rock. Here's hoping! I'm also a happier woman lately because my tv shows are back in black, baby. My friend let me use her Hulu, so I've been able to watch The Mindy Project again. Mindy, I've missed you. Grey's Anatomy has returned and I don't care what anyone says, I love the show and I will always watch it. Too many seasons my ass. (I actually happen to think it's getting really good again!) Once Upon a Time returned last night - that show is truly perfect for me. It's so corny. I love it. And Agents of Shield returns tomorrow, super pumped for that. Because I'm a loser (and had pain meds helping me get through it) I binged watched Fuller House this weekend. And I am beyond excited to watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt when it returns. I never used to like tv this much. I don't know what's happened to me. 

Fear not, I haven't abandoned books. In fact, I finally got a library card here. I walked out of there feeling like a million bucks. Which is weird, but whatever. I've always been a multiple book at once person, but lately that habit is on steroids. I'm so busy and my moods fluctuate so I'm reading like 10+ books at once - sometimes I want autobiography (just finished Yes Please by Amy Poehler), sometimes I want whatever Emma Watson is reading (almost done with The Color Purple), other times I want mystery... and oftentimes I just want to reread Harry Potter. I'm still very confident that I'll reach my goal of 60 books this year... I'm just doing it a little differently than usual. Maybe I'll write a post about all the books I'm currently reading... I'm sure there's nothing more thrilling than that. 

The books I absolutely want to finish this month: 

The Color Purple
1984 
Out of the Silent Planet (the first book in C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy) 

I'm actually going to pass on setting non-reading-related goals for this month, because I'm mainly focused on getting my teeth fixed and paying some of my bills. I know realistically I won't be focusing on much else, and I'm alright with that for now.     

Why yes, a close up is necessary. (As is a polishing...)
__
Charlotte     

No comments:

Post a Comment