Sunday, October 5, 2014

Literary Baby Names


The baby name posts seem to be popular, so here's another list.

Literary Names for Girls

1. Molly is, apparently, the number one name given to female dogs in America.  It is totally a human name, so that annoys me.  I say everyone name their daughters after Molly Weasley from Harry Potter and make this the number one name given to female humans.

2. Prim.  I am only including this because everywhere I look, people seem to be naming their baby daughters after characters from The Hunger Games - fine, but if that's the case let's use Primrose instead of Katniss.

3. Jane, after Jane Austen.

4. Anne.  Who doesn't love Anne of Green Gables?  (And Anne is a timeless name.)

5. Hattie, because I'm not done obsessing over The Twelve Tribes of Hattie.

6. Matilda.  Every person I've ever met has loved the movie Matilda, and those who've read the book loved it, too.

7. Minny is my favorite character in The Help, followed closely by Aibileen.

8. Susan and

9. Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia.

10. Madeline from....... Madeline.

Literary Names for Boys 

1. Billy, because The Polar Express is incredible.

2. Fred and

3. George, because I'm fairly certain they are everyone's favorite characters from HP.

4. Gabriel.  Jonas is perfectly nice, but I personally would go with Gabriel if I wanted to name a kid after a character from The Giver.

5. David.  Hurricane (by David Wiesner) was my favorite book when I was little.  (David is the name of one of the main characters, not just the name of the author.)

6. Peter and

7. Edmund (or any name that starts with "Ed") from The Chronicles of Narnia.

8. Hugo, off of the film Hugo, based on the book, The Invention of Hugo Cabret.

9. Gale.  Again, if people want to name kids after characters in The Hunger Games, I can totally get behind "Gale" being a thing.

10. Harry, obviously.

(pssst.  I was stressing because I felt like I needed to write a blog post, but couldn't think of anything to write, so this was thrown together real lazy-like.  Perhaps at a later date there can be a part 2, especially since my friends who helped write the baby girl names and baby boy names for twins posts said they had some ideas for literary names.)

No comments:

Post a Comment