Sunday, January 25, 2015

February Book List

So last year I tried a year-long book list (broken up into months), but it didn't give me enough room to add books, and I ended up just reading things that weren't on the list.  No bueno.  This year I'm making them each month instead.

My January list looked like this:

1. Wicked by Gregory Maguire
2. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
3. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
4. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
5. The Book Thief (I am almost done with this, but stopped reading it for some reason.  Time to finish.)

I thought that having surgery would mean I'd be cool to read a lot.  Turns out recovery hasn't been giving me a ton of time to read because I get a bit dizzy and nauseous after about 10 minutes of reading (or staring at a computer screen, or watching a tv, etc. etc.).  So that's not fun.  I decided to move One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich to February since I lost a bit of reading time.  I'm starting the Christie book tomorrow and am just about done with the others. 

For February, I'm only reading books I already have and I'm trying to include some of the ones I didn't get to last year.  

1. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
2. 1/3 of The Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin (I know myself, and this is going to take me three months.)
3. Red China Blues by Jan Wong
4. At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

So here's hoping February brings less Property Brothers HGTV binge-watching and a little more intellectual activity (because a Nicholas Sparks novel is a lofty work of intellect). 

__
Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment