Monday, April 4, 2016

Moments 2.0

You might remember the post I wrote back in September that goes by the same name. It's a nice little collection of some funny and happy memories, and whenever I think of them, my mood improves. Hot little trick. 

Well, I promised a second post. I sometimes keep my blog-word. (Procrastination is a problem. Yes.)

1. My pal Liz and I just discussed this, and I cannot stop cracking up. One day in high school I needed a pad. I had my period and I really needed one. Up until that point I'd always been prepared OR I'd ask a friend. I was really embarrassed to ask the nurse, but I did because I had no other options at the moment. So I work up the courage to go ask for a pad. And she says, "Hm, we might have one around here. Let me check." And starts going through drawers and shit. 

And then she pulls out a piece of paper and goes "I can't find a whole pad, but I do have paper. Do you also need a pen?" 

THE F IS THIS? So then I had to overcome even more embarrassment to say, "No, I have my period and I need a pad."

It hilarious now. Less so then. 

When I just told Liz about this, I couldn't stop laughing. (She was like, "BUT DID YOU GET A PAD?" and "Omg I thought you were gonna say she gave you like an open pad.") Ah, friends + funny stories. 

I swear, we don't hate each other. 
2. My friend Joe and I were at Fridays for lunch one day. It was great. We ordered food and chatted. I don't love Fridays, but I do enjoy their appetizers quite a bit. Their flatbreads are especially tasty. So I order a barbecue chicken flatbread. 

He and I are talking for a little while and then the food comes. I'm hungry. I'm almost always hungry. So I just start eating it. We keep talking and having a good time. Then, when I'm like half way through the meal I realize............

There's no chicken on it. 

........or bbq sauce. 

My barbecue chicken flatbread came without bbq sauce or chicken. Oh my God we both got a kick out of that one. And since I had already devoured half of it (um, pepper and cheese bread?), I felt like too much of an idiot to send it back or even say anything to the waitress at that point. Could not stop laughing.

3. I've told this story before in this post, but it's worth repeating because it's sort of my shining moment. 

My friend Dana and I were in Borders (RIP) and were just browsing around. We came across the Greek/Roman section and we saw a collection of Euripides' plays and grabbed it. We had read some of his plays in school, and it was nifty to recognize something in such a fancy ~intellectual~ section of the store. So I'm holding the book and I'm thinking, "Euripides. Euripides. What a dumb name - 'Euripides.' Who names their kids you-rip-a-deeze?" And then I laugh and turn to Dana because I've just had a rare brilliant (I'm normally more humble than this) thought. I look at her and say, in a ridiculous voice, "Hey, Dana - Euripides pages, you buy-a da book!" 

brb peeing myself. 

I love puns and I still can't believe I was clever enough - if only for one brief moment of my life - to come up with that. 

4. When my friend Stephanie, the most determined of us all, decided to make some sort of hair product out of some kind of seeds. And it looked like this:


5. On our way back from Disney, we were followed by a creepy, creepy man. The police ended up putting us in a hotel for the night while keeping an eye out and patrolling the roads. It was terrifying, actually. So we're in the room trying to sleep and we hear a knock on the window (the police specifically told us they'd call before knocking on the door). Everyone was freaked out and I jumped out of bed ready to throw down. My aunt also got out of bed and started walking toward the door. And then my cousin tells us it was my sister. The little effer was on the side of the bed closest to the window and decided it would be funny to scare the crap out of us. 

She was not wrong. It took everything in me not to laugh (didn't want to encourage her because it was a serious situation and the joke was on the borderline of not appropriate). She was yelled at. But every time I think of it now I crack up. I'm so proud every time one of the kids does or says something hilarious. This particular sister is somewhat unsure of herself and just really starting to show her personality, so it took balls to carry this joke out. 

That's all for this time! Good mood? Yes, ma'am. 
__
Charlotte     

No comments:

Post a Comment