Sunday, July 20, 2014

Weekling: W.11

For previous posts in this series, go here: Weeklings

Happenings


So this week sucked and I don't really feel like going into it.  And because I'm real cool, I had to end the bad week with a nice weekend of being sick and bedridden.  This post is mostly going to be pictures and gifs because lazy.  And tired.  


My arm pain (from the lady hitting my nerve when she took blood.  oops.) has returned which means I'll need to get this test that involves sticking three needles into my arm sending a shock through it to see the reaction.  Joy.  


Is that your reaction to the though of needles and shocks, too? 


In a moment of weakness, I ate McDonalds.  And felt like this after: 


Thankful for

The people in my life who are smarter than me.  Because almost everything I do without getting advice first usually ends up like this:


Books I'm reading now

Not much to say on this other than I started reading Journal of a Soul, Pope John XXIII's autobiography and it is so good.  Various reactions to it thus far: 




To-do

........get a job & a life. 


Random 

I'm in the middle of trying to decide if I am going to live in NC for a year or not.  Mostly I don't want to, but it might end up being what I have to do.  -_- 

There have been several instances this week where people - many of them my friends - have suggested that poor people are the problem with this country and/or poor people need to be more responsible.  I wrote a leeetle bit about it yesterday.  But it still just makes me so mad.  

Links Worth Looking At

I wish we had some of this where I live. 

An End to the Perpetual Welfare Trap? - Winnipeg Free Press This article is old and I've seen this idea discussed elsewhere, but I think guaranteeing everyone an income is something we should try.  

Which Comes First, the Chicken or the Vagina? - Helen and Margaret  Wherein a little old lady talks about birth control and the debate about children coming to the US illegally. 

It's a Good Tip for Writers Either Way - The Bloggess A sassy/helpful tip for those of us who want to write... and live in a world where other people exist.  


Guess Which Two Words Can Make Your Education Reforms a Hot Potato - Grist Climate change is a myth!  But really, I love the intersectionality involved whenever we talk about the environment - people don't always think about the social repercussions. 


For The (Non) Endo Girls : What Does Endometriosis Pain Feel Like? - Yellow Paper Dress This may not interest everyone, but I'm pretty tired of people rolling their eyes if I say I literally cannot get out of bed because of pain.  Look at those descriptions.  It's not just a little pain we're talking about. 


How To Talk To Babies About Marxist Theory - the Toast Oh my.  "Baby: Nurses.  Parent: Okay this is a great illustration of profit and exploitation."  Snark. 


Learning How to Pray to the Saints—In Five Easy Steps - Catholic Exchange Helpful if this is something you need help with. 

Bonus (I think this is probably the best bonus ever.)


Enjoy :) 


__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment