Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekling: W.8, W.9, & W.10

For other posts in this series, go here: Weeklings

(This particular post is going to be VERY picture-heavy.)

Happenings

It's been a while.  

My roommate and I went to North Carolina for a bit.  It was nice.  Also a harsh reminder of how out of shape I am.  Hiking, swimming, climbing - OUCH.  But nice nonetheless.  Here are some pictures: 



























































Clearly I've never gone to school for photography. 

Anyway.  A bunch of other stuff, mostly no bueno, has happened over the last two weeks, but I really don't feel like getting into it now, so if you want, you can take a look here.  

Thankful for

Medicine.  No really.  I didn't have my daily medicine while in NC and let's just say withdrawal's a bitch. 

Books I'm reading now

Still slowly making my way through Little Women and trying to decide if I should do a re-read of The Giver or if I should read another new book instead.  OH.  And my copy of Journal of a Soul just came in the mail.  It's from Blogging for Books, so I've got to read it and review it here.  Very exciting!  Well, I think so.  

Random

At the encouragement of my friends, I'm starting an Etsy shop.  At first it'll probably just be coasters, but I might branch out a little after a few weeks.  We shall see.  Normally I wouldn't even do this, because I HATE failure, so I'm slightly nervous that nothing will actually sell.  And then I shall curse my friends who told me it was a good idea (no pressure, friends).  I'll write more on the etsy stuff later this week. 

I've been eating healthier.  I wrote a bit about losing weight yesterday.  I'm trying to follow through with the whole learning to cook healthier thing.  For breakfast this morning I had an egg over mushroom, onion, green pepper, carrot, potato, broccoli, and quinoa and it was actually decent.  And I'm JUST NOW getting hungry again.  At 2:30pm.  Usually I'm hungry five minutes after eating.  I also made the absolute best pot of coffee I've ever made in my life.  That too. 



Also.  I really want my kitchen to look like a mix of these kitchens: 

Swoon.

To-Do

I don't really have fun or DIY things on my to-do list right now because I have too much serious stuff I need to do.  Like, you know, getting a job.  Wah. 

Links worth looking at

Click.  Enjoy. 

Theoretically this should be simple, but.  I won't plan on it because when I cook NOTHING is simple.  But we have our own cherry tomatoes and basil growing on our deck now, so that's exciting.  Farm to table!  Minus the farm.  And the table, as I normally eat on the living room floor.  But still.  Home grown food stuffs! 

I've recently discovered this blog and I adore it.  And I love this person's home.  And this particular post makes me wish I had exposed pipe in my apartment.  Is that odd?  Whatever.

PREACH.  I'm going to write on this myself, actually, because after yesterday's post a friend sent me a message asking if depression was really so bad.  (I wasn't offended, as I'm used to it, but more people need to talk about depression so that it's understood.)

A Catholic's take on the recent "issue" of children entering the country illegally.  I really don't even see how it's a question.  But I guess I won't get into that now. 

This is hilarious.  

Watch.  Then cry happy tears.  Life!  When he was all, "He's perfect!  He's perfect!" I about died. 

If you love history and/or photography, check this out.  SO COOL. 

Okay so of course, the story is horrific and heart breaking.  But 1. I have no idea how this girl found any kind of strength and 2. This is why kids should read.  Okay, well, it's a small part of why.  It helps them analyze things and situations.  “In 'The Prisoner of Azkaban,' Dumbledore says: ‘Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light,’” she said. 

I don't really have much to say about the article overall, but I do agree with her that romantic relationships aren't the only sort of relationships we should pursue and work on.  Friendships are important and take thought and work. 

Important.  And on point for the most part.

Ha. OOPS. 

Take a gander. 

So, I don't have a job right now so I can't quite do these things right now, but some of them are worth remembering when I do have a job again. 

Read. 

Shame on Fox, but excellent to see that the fear strategy they use is failing. 

This gives you warm and fuzzy feelings.  Until you get to the end.  (No one dies, don't worry.) 

Net worth ftw. 

Bonus 


That's all I've got for now.  Enjoy this breezy Sunday :) 


__
Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment