Sunday, March 8, 2015

Weekling: W.18

For previous posts in this series, go here: Weeklings

I missed last week.  Not the first time and probably not the last.  I was super sick and in too much pain to do anything.  As in, I couldn't even handle watching Netflix.


Happenings

Not much excitement over here, but I did see those odd things in a thrift store.  I came very close to getting the jar with sock dolls and sending it to Olivia.  I resisted, though, so Olivia missed lucked out.  Personally, I think the cat photos are less creepy and more quirky.  Maybe that's just me, though.

Still no job, and I'm dying because of it.  I have a small list of jobs to apply for, so, fingers crossed, as always. 

I want to be in New York.  I'm not much of a southerner.  However, it hit 79 degrees this week.  Seventy Nine!!  Ah.  As I'm writing this, the sun is shining and a comfortable breeze is blowing through the window.  I'll take it. 

Also, I changed the blog name.  (This probably should have been listed first, not fourth, but hindsight.)  There's a good but probably crazy reason for the new name, and I'll write a post on it tonight or tomorrow, but I think it's here to stay.  

Thankful for

I've been reading God is on the Cross: Reflections on Lent and Easter.  I'll save a description for my next book review post, but it's very calming to read every morning and a little calm is something I'm glad to have. 

Books I'm reading now

See above.  But also, instead of making any progress on my own book list, I'm rereading parts of The Book Thief because my little sister asked me to.  I just feel "eh" about this book. 

Random

Two weeks ago, I said I wanted to come up with a plan for a book.  I'm shocked to say that I actually thought fairly hard about it and came up with a plan. I still have a few things I need to settle on, but once I do I will bore you all with the idea.  

And since I can't think of anything else to say, look at this random picture of delicious apple pie I made: 

wow, pie. 
 To-do

GET A JOB.  Going nuts here. 

Make a morning plan.  I'm a morning person (though lately I haven't been able to fall asleep earlier than 1am, and so... less of a morning person) but I want to be productive in the morning, not just lay in bed doing nothing for an hour or two.  When I do, I'll make a whole post about it.  (Morning routines and book layouts... should have renamed the blog Mundane Molly.)  

Links worth looking at

Wow am I a slacker.  I did save some links, but I have other things to do so I'm cutting this short and not attaching all of those links.  Whatever.  I WILL share this one though: 

Because I did just say I wanted to do this.  Want to join me? 

Bonus

The last two times I wrote these, it started snowing.  Happy to report that the sun is still shining. 

Dream house, dream weather. 
__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment