Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekling: W.19

For previous posts in this series, go here: Weeklings


Happenings

Last week I changed the name of the blog, this week I (mostly) finished changing the look of it.  All of the links on the pages are now fixed.  It wasn't hard work, but it was very annoying work.  Next up is changing the links for tumblr and pinterest.  Meh. 

This week looked like this: 


The Hunger Games was filmed here.....

And here.

The weather is finally finally nice enough to enjoy.  I made the mistake of trying out the water.  Guys, not nice enough to swim.  

I've talked about how paranoid I get before, but just to seal the deal on how crazy I am, I'm gonna tell you a little story.  (This might be weird to put on a blog but Liz already knows and she's approx. 50% of my readership, so...)  We all know I have endometriosis and it's not good.  To keep it from getting worse, I had to start birth control.  I don't want to be on birth control when I'm married, but right now it's only being used for the endo, and not for contraception, so that part is fine.  But, I really did not want to be on it at all.  A basic rule of thumb around here is that if something bad can happen, it will.  I know this sounds horrible, but my last year looked something like this: 

Needed new car, had only a short time to get it. 
New car gets broken into. 
New car gets crashed into. 
Tooth infection travelling to brain and heart, prompting emergency surgery. 
Part of tooth accidentally left in mouth. 
Abnormal blood work. 
Gallstones. 
Gallbladder removal surgery. 
Follow-up exam discovers problems with liver, pancreas. 
Further testing shows enlarged lymph node causing some trouble in abdomen. 
Antidepressants causing paranoia. 
Went off antidepressants, lolgoodluck trying to get better
Lost job because instead of travelling the agreed 4-6 hours a week, my supervisor wanted me to do 10-12.  (Fairness.) 
Mass on ovary. 
Need to abruptly move to NC, away from where my life is.
Surgery scheduled. 
Surgery finds more extensive problems, another surgery needed.
Loses health insurance.  
Around three trips to ER and over 30 blood withdrawals.  

And it wasn't my worst year ever.

So yes.  I was wary as anything to start birth control because I can deal with sore and bigger boobs and I can deal with some mood swings, but I don't want to get blood clots.  I know how unlikely it is.  But it's a possible side effect and at this point my mind automatically says, "With your luck, the side effects will all happen."  And especially without insurance, I can't handle having a blood clot.  So what does this translate into?  Me, being completely rational, going for long walks or doing squats or what have you, all to try to increase my movement and decrease already minuscule chances of developing a clot.  

I mean, the extra exercise is good, and I'm losing weight and my body is continuing to feel a bit lighter and better.  But the excessive anxiety is problematic.  

Working on it.  

Thankful for

Pie.  The fact that I'm not dead from blood clots.  Ha.  Ha? 

Books I'm reading now

Finishing up The Book Thief, again.  I can't make my mind up on this book.  The first time I read it, I was bored in the beginning, then I thought it was really good.  The second time, I'm torn between "eh" and thinking it's good.  I don't know. 

Also starting a reread of Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos because I love this book and I want March to be a catch-up month for reading. 

Random

So, the job search.  It continues.  I'm not including it on my to-do list, because at this point it's an all-the-time activity.  But, let me tell you.  I filled out an application, and one of the questions went something like this: 

Are you currently looking for work? 

No.  I just thoroughly enjoy filling out applications, especially when all of the requested information can already be found on my resume, which you also require.  

The south. 


To-do

Type out my morning routine post.  Enthralling. 

Make a new and improved "about me" section. 

Fix the pinterest and tumblr links.  Kill me. 

Start using a detailed spreadsheet to plan blog posts.  I know this sounds absurd, but at one point, I had an Excel sheet, color coded with post ideas.  I had a schedule of posts and I was a little more on top of it all.  Lately, I'm averaging one or two posts a week.  When I had the sheet, I was writing more and I was getting around 50 page views a day.  I don't anticipate (or know if I want) this blog becoming some great huge blog, but I don't think I'd mind it being a little bigger than it currently is.  I read somewhere that bloggers should write and maintain their blogs as though they're receiving a million views a day.  I like that idea. 

Links worth looking at

In true Charlotte fashion, I am going to slack on the links.  Most of them are from Buzzfeed, so you know how much effort is going into this section. 

This is for Everyone Who Thinks Snape is a Hero - Buzzfeed  I could write a whole post on this, and maybe I will, but yes.  Snape was brave, but he wasn't a hero.  Heroes don't generally torture people.


Joe Biden Posted a Vine of Him Doing Bicep Curls Because He's Joe Biden - Buzzfeed I love Joe Biden and this vine will make you laugh.  Unless you're a monster. 

What it Feels Like to Live With Depression - Thought Catalog This is by far the most accurate description I've read.  "The simplest, most mundane tasks of daily life seem to require a Herculean effort. I remember standing in the shower one morning, feeling that picking up the shampoo bottle was almost too difficult to bear."  Yes.  The other day I pulled up to the house, and I just sat in my car, wanting to turn it off, unbuckle my seat belt, and get out.  But for five minutes, I just sat there, not moving.  It's intense. 

17 Important Tips for Making the Most of Curly Hair - Buzzfeed I can't attest to all of these, but basically the front left side of my hair is 3C, the front right and most of the top layer of my hair is 3B, and the layers underneath are 3A.  Discovering the diffuser changed my life. 

Fun Fact:

Every time I try to type the word "accidently," "accidentally," I spell it wrong.

__
Charlotte 


No comments:

Post a Comment