Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Books I Read in 2015


Oh yeah, baby. This was the first year I've read more than 30 books and I'm feeling like a bad ass bitch queen. Obviously. 

I really would like to get to a point where I'm reading around 45 books a year. That sounds like a lot, but I think it's doable if I prioritize reading. I didn't spend a ton of time reading this year and I managed to read 34 (and counting!) books, so I'm setting my hopes sky high. More on my 2016 reading goals later. For now, here's a list of the books I finished this year (if I wrote a review I'll link to it): 

1. Wicked by Gregory Maguire
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
3. God is on the Cross: Reflections on Lent and Easter by Dietrich Bonhoeffer 
4. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie 
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (re-read, and I read this twice, actually)
6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
7. An Enemy of the People by Henrik Ibsen
8. Awaken the Spirit Within by Rebecca Rosen
9. Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
10. Seizing Your Divine Moment by Erwin Raphael McManus
11. Everything Happens Today by Jesse Browner 
12. Bossypants by Tina Fey
13. Walking With the Comrades by Arundhati Roy
14. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (re-read)
15. Tales of Beedle and the Bard by J.K. Rowling
16. 2BR02B by Kurt Vonnegut 
17. The Christmas Grandma Ran Away From Home by Nancy Warren
19. The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
20. Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins
21. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
22. One More Thing by B.J. Novak
23. Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins 
25. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
26. Gregor and the Marks of Secret by Suzanne Collins
27. Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins
28. Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
29. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (re-read)
30. The Tsar of Love and Techno by Anthony Marra
31. The Quest by Nelson DeMille 
32. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens 
33. 2AM at the Cat's Pajamas by Marie-Helene Bertino
34. The Martian by Andy Weir

and I'm in the middle of Pride and Prejudice. When I finish that, I hope to finish The Great Divorce.

So for me, it was a pretty good year for books. Here's hoping I can reach 40 in 2016!
__
Charlotte  

No comments:

Post a Comment