Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Things Lately


And the award for Most Neglectful Blogger goes to.... 

I haven't written my normal weekly posts in a couple of weeks and I completely failed to write my monthly post, as well. Fail! Things have been more hectic than usual. Car accidents, tons of doctor appointments, and physical therapy that sometimes leaves me in hella pain are to blame. But I'm trying to get back to regular blogging... slowly. Very slowly. My neck, shoulder, and collarbone are not so hot lately, and it's made things surprisingly frustrating. Nothing catastrophic, but certain days are better than others and let's just say I've never realized how important not injuring your collarbone is - doing my hair, pushing a shopping cart, reaching for clothes in my closet, and sometimes even reading (holding up a book) and typing on the computer have all become pain-inducing activities. (Also, insurance companies are the worst and it looks like I might need to get a lawyer. Not happy about that.) 
Random pic of that time someone
suggested I "just try and blow dry it straight!"
lol k.

It's been pretty busy here, with my appointments plus the appointments for my grandparents, and my grandma recovering from her time in the ICU. Plus - Christmas. It seems I am the designated shopper and gift wrapper over here, and there are over nine people to wrap for (including Santa gifts) so that adds up and I'm at the point where "I never want to wrap another gift, ever!" The blog isn't the only thing I've dropped the ball on, either. I haven't sent out Christmas cards yet (= I haven't even purchased Christmas cards yet, and I'm honestly considering just sending out a jolly ol' "Merry Christmas" text day-of instead...). I bought and wrapped gifts and have yet to send them out. I'm just the picture of organization these days. I'm trying to chill and not worry about things. It's been a rough couple of months and no one is going to be upset about receiving their gifts a few days late. *I'm* the only one who will care, and I need to just get over it. 

I'm also struggling to stay semi-optimistic about el futuro. My plan was to go back to New York in January, and I'm having second thoughts. Even with a job that pays 30k, paying rent would be really hard in New York. I could do it easy peasy if I was splitting rent with a roommate but it'd be very tight living on my own. So now I'm considering staying in NC for a little while longer, but not staying with family. Rent is cheaper here and so are most utilities and other expenses. Gas is usually at least 25 cents cheaper, my car insurance is half of what it is in New York, etc. I'd much rather be in Albany, but if that's not possible.... let's just say there's been a lot of stressing, pacing, and number crunching. We'll see. (I also think it'd be almost impossible to manage school in NY because living alone would necessitate long work hours.) Trying to make a life is hard. 

I've haven't been completely behind, though. I've started prioritizing reading again. I finally, finally, FINALLY read A Christmas Carol. I've been procrastinating on that for literal years. I've also been reading another Blogging for Books pick, 2am at The Cat's Pajamas, which is turning out to be better than I expected. And I've got a hot little line up for the rest of the month: Pride and Prejudice (started, not finished) and The Great Divorce (started, not finished). Oh and speaking of books and Christmas, I highly encourage everyone to hop on over to Filthy Casket and check out our new Christmas header. I think I like it better than our normal one. Liz and I also have some fun posts lined up (think "best of" and "worst of" lists) so stay tuned, I'm sure I'll link to them at some point. 

Speaking of links... I mentioned that I've skipped those link posts a couple of times. My not-so-efficient method is sending links to myself on Facebook and then cutting and pasting when I finally do write those posts. Which means... I now have three weeks' worth of links sitting in my inbox. Holla. So I'm going to just forget about most of them. There are some good ones I'd like to share, though. Most importantly, the trailer for Fantastic Beasts!! It's out!! I'm absolutely dying of excitement and awe. There's also this funny testament of friendship: Tina Fey hid Amy Poehler from Donald Trump so she wouldn't have to talk to him.

Also, can we talk about the perfect dress Amy Poehler wore the other night? Swooooon.

Some more:

Liz wrote this review of The Instant Happy Journal. If you order it soon it could make a nice gift!

Aaron Rodgers' game winning Hail Mary pass may or may not have made me cry tears of joy for the Packers. 

Remember how I was just talking about making life plans? Part of that is money. (lol lack thereof)

The earth is pretty terrific. I liked this picture.

I love so many of these living rooms!! I'm not fond of the minimal look. Cozy is the way to be.

This blogger wrote about her experience as a girl. It's a string of violence, and it's an important read.

So Trump justified his position on Muslims in America by citing FDR's use of internment camps. Well, FDR's granddaughter had a bit to say about that.

This blogger lost her daughter almost a year ago. Here she writes about grieving during Advent.      

We already knew this but now they've put studies to it: All politicians are liars.

Literary baby names! A post that includes all my favorite things: books, babies, and names. (Although some of those are stretches.)

Sometimes I picture my imaginary perfect apartment with my imaginary perfect office and these days that office is home to this framed Harry Potter poster.

And finally, I couldn't help but laugh at these "horoscopes from a bitter astrologist."

Think that's it for this post.  ;)  
__
Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment