Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve 2015




I love Christmas and really the whole season, but I'll admit it's a little tough for me to get in the spirit this year. But I'm drinking hot chocolate, watching Christmas movies (might watch The Sound of Music, too, which feels like a Christmas movie to me), reading good Christmas stories online, and loving all the decorations and lights. Later tonight I'll probably put down Pride and Prejudice and cuddle up with a Harry Potter book instead. Here's hoping your Christmas Eve is lovely. 

Some links:

Of course! The Santa tracker right here. The story behind it makes me cry tears of joy.  

Liz showed me this article about A Christmas Carol and the secular celebration of Christmas. While I don't agree with all of it, it's super interesting. (And I don't have a problem with non Christians celebrating a secular version of Christmas.) 

If you're looking for movies to watch tonight, here's a fairly decent list of Christmas movies on Netflix. 

Iceland has a tradition where people give books to one another on Christmas Eve - and then spend the night reading. I think that's an excellent idea. 

This article about the history of Christmas on Ellis Island was really interesting. 

What does your favorite Christmas cartoon say about you? 

If you're alone on Christmas, here are some (fun, but not religious) ways to spend it

Here's a beautiful and realistic post about depression during this season.

And of course, here's the birth of Jesus Christ. The older I get, the more miraculous it feels.

xoxo
Charlotte  




No comments:

Post a Comment