Saturday, January 23, 2016

link love


Oh, gosh. I'm on day two of being in the house all day. This snow is more than the south is used to and they don't really plow the roads here. (They plow some of the main roads. None of the side roads.) I'm starting to go a little nuts. But! There are blog posts to be written and books to be read, so I really shouldn't complain.

Speaking of being in the south... I've got to keep this in mind. Being far away from my best friends isn't the worst thing in the world.

In the wake of recent deaths of beloved musicians and actors, I think this is important to keep in mind: it is absolutely okay to mourn the loss of someone you've never met.

This woman tried a bunch of t-shirt DIY projects from Pinterest. Some of them are a bit dismal, but some look really fun! (I'm looking at you, bleached letters and shape cut-outs!)

I know, I know, things from a jar aren't as good as homemade things. But this green bean casserole sounds delicious. I've seen a promising homemade recipe too, but... baby steps.

This doesn't really talk about the racism/criminal negligence involved, but here are some basic facts about the Flint water disaster.

I'm in love with this bookshelf. And for a mere $700! ;)

Liz showed me this apartment makeover and I love it! The only thing I'm not wild about is the bedroom, but only because shelves around a bed feel a little teen/college-y to me.

This artist merges pictures of different actors together and the results are kinda cool.

Student debt is so bad that people are moving to Europe to avoid paying their loans. 

A few of my friends shared this article about small talk. I'm intrigued by the author's idea of ending small talk, instead jumping into meaningful conversation with the people he meets.


Relics of Saint Maximilian Kolbe will be available to visit at various locations on the east coast over the next few months.  

Bernie Sanders is gaining more and more attention and support - I think it's a good thing. I'd love to see a woman in the White House, but Bernie's values are my values and the values of, I think, most people - poor, working, and middle class alike. He's also got something that Hillary doesn't.

These taco-stuffed peppers look AMAZING. 

Some of these life hacks are actually alright.

Macklemore/White Privilege problematic, or more good than bad?

I LOVE this list of literal literary baby names! Since it's largely a dream list, I'd add Soliloquy!

Please pray and send good thoughts to this family.

That's all I've got for links! Here, enjoy some snow pictures: 





__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment