Saturday, January 30, 2016

link love

I took exactly no pictures this week, so here's this happy one from Disney
I am so tired lately. Physical therapy seems to be helping, but I'm still feeling hella pain from the car accident and it's exhausting. Everything takes extra effort. The plus side is that my right arm is probably going to end up being nicely shaped and muscular, since it's compensating big time for my left arm. #SilverLinings

But perseverers gon' persevere, so here are some of my favorite links this week:

Liz and I both took this temperament quiz and got melancholic as a result.

There are new wizarding schools! Sometimes I kind of just wishing Rowling would write more Harry Potter books. Not these fun little snippets, but actual books. I get that The Cursed Child is supposed to be like the eighth installment in the series, but it's a play and unless they print it and sell it... what are those of us who can't go see it going to do?! Also I'd really love a prequel. As much as I love Harry, Ron, and Hermione, I think it'd be awesome to follow the Order of the Phoenix before Harry's birth.

Some pretty bridal looks.

I feel like a lot of the "fashion" in Sex and the City is notoriously bad, but here's a list of some good outfits from the show.  

This woman's grandma has excellent taste in clothing.

My favorite blog is back!

Stephen Colbert is hilarious and I laughed my way through this Donald vs. Mr. Trump debate. Speaking of Trump: the way he speaks to and about women is disgusting and he's normalizing it. Megyn Kelly is now a target for misogynists online and Trump is only making it worse. (Kelly is pretty awful for her views, but men are targeting her just because she is a woman.)

Here are some travel budgeting ideas. Saving for later!

Mad about what's going on in Flint? Revolt. And hold the state responsible.

Mid-century modern houses aren't normally my style and this house is a lot of wood and browns for me, but I do like aspects of it. And the porches/decks/walkways!!! Swoon worthy.

After the blizzard, only women showed up in the Senate. We bad, we bad.

I know a lot of my friends do not like the winter. But maybe some of these wintry habits will help ease the pain?

This is pretty much me.

As are most of these. I love going to bed early. I usually try to get to sleep before ten, though lately... I don't make it past nine. Shame.

This man built a tree in his daughter's bedroom and it's basically the coolest thing I've ever seen. Wishlist!

Speaking of wishlists, I'm currently crushing on these and these.

You can be a perfectly reasonable adult and support Bernie Sanders.

I enjoyed reading these thoughts about Emma Watson's new initiative. Essentially the goal is to achieve gender parity, possibly by requiring gender quotas in the workforce. I do think good can come from it, but I also think there's truth to what this writer is claiming: that gender quotas treat the symptoms of sexism rather than the causes. I've heard similar arguments about affirmative action and about requiring schools to have more female athletes. The thing is, quotas often work. Maybe the best bet is to set some quotas while also changing laws and society? And smashing the patriarchy. No question mark.

"I'm sticking with the redhead." I don't blame you.

For the first time, half of NASA's astronaut class is made of women.

Star Wars and strikes. Yay!

Some thoughts on practicing people's love languages (which is, I think, good to do in all relationships, not just romantic ones).

Annnd that's it. Weekend time, holla

__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment