Saturday, January 16, 2016

link love


I'm exhausted (I had physical therapy yesterday... still feeling it today), so let's keep this short & sweet. 

This, this, this. Awesome!

I just read this, and it was a bit of a nudge to do what I already know needs to be done.

This video of parents meeting their adopted baby got me. Got me good. 

Liz sent me this article featuring "cozy" bedrooms and we then spent a few minutes lamenting the fact that people could find most of these rooms "cozy." Minimalist isn't cozy - two totally different styles. (Also, it's rare that a room is "rustic" and "airy." Those are different looks.) Rant over!

Love, love, love everything in this article. It's meant to show you how a pair of boots can be styled for any occasion. I love every single outfit and I love the boots. I actually need a pair of simple-ish shoes that I can wear with anything, and something like those might be perfect.

I didn't even know there was another Narnia movie being made. For shame!

This was a pleasure to watch. I laughed or smiled my way through most of it. 

Remember my dream house? I must add this cabinet

This assemblyman stood up to Governor Cuomo and I love him for it. "Come to the neighborhoods. The poverty is high. He [Cuomo] has a billion dollar surplus, and the poverty is high. Don't believe the hype. Come to the neighborhoods. We're still suffering." 

I guess "Kiss a Ginger Day" is a thing? Anyway, here are some redhead fun facts.

There are few things that annoy me more than people complaining about "disruptive" kids. I mean, don't get me wrong, sometimes kids misbehave and maybe parents don't discipline enough? BUT when a baby is crying? Or a toddler is just having a meltdown? That just happens sometimes, and really, the complaining adults for not just getting over it annoy me more than the noisy kids. I really liked this post about kids in mass. Sometimes kids make a little noise. Deal with it. 

I enjoyed this article about war and Homer's Iliad over on National Geographic.

One of my very favorite blogs shared this story on facebook - and then followed it up with this one. I had never thought about the difference between American and British children's stories, but yeah. Totally true - we don't have as much fantasy. I agree that the British do that better. Particularly loved the second article's discussion of the merging of pagan and Christian influences in storytelling. 


I've come to realize I really need an address book (Alison, if she's reading, can attest to this. I text her approx. once a month to get her address. Ugh!). I'll probably ending up getting a cheap one because budgetsssss but I've just been swooning over this one. It's so lovely.

I think that's it for this week! 
__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment