Sunday, March 13, 2016

link love


Found this little castle at a cool shop in town. My first thought was to put it in a huge planter with ground cover and whimsical plants (similar to this) but I'm holding off because now... well now I'm wondering if I should put it on a shelf with all my Harry Potter books/objects. I mean, it's very Hogwarts-esque. 

It's taking an absurd amount of effort to write this. I had a rough night. I took the medical tape off of my back yesterday (a nice addition to my wardrobe every now and then since the accident) and... nope, nope, should not have done that. I never keep it on for more than 6ish days, but it was helping so much that I left it on for over a week. I figured it was best to take it off and then I regretted it while I spent the night writhing in pain. My legs also seemed to be extra achy, but who knows if that's related? Not I. 

I've been a little under the weather this week - not sure if it's just a cold or if it's from medicine or what but I felt so sick the other day that I did something VERY unlike me and went to the store and bought.... a fresh salad. It was an otherworldly experience. Also, it did not help. But I do feel like my body is craving vegetables. I also fucked up and drank, like, three sodas in the last two days. I'd gotten down to about 1-2 a week, so this was an anomaly and I'm kind of surprised how sick it made me feel. 

Moving on to shinier things, though. 

I'm in the market for a new pair of sneakers. I want something that will be good for working out AND that are ~cool~ but I'm a novice at working out and I've never been cool so it's a tricky challenge. I am just about settled on these though. 

I know I just finished talking about food and drink but take a gander at this list of stuff that might make depression worse. All of the good things in life, of course! I've actually stopped drinking coffee (for the most part - I'll drink it here and there) and like I said, I've laid back on the soda big time. But fried chicken? Please don't make me do it!

I've been reading some of the Harry Potter books for about the 605th time and my bud Liz sent me a Christmas/Galentine/Valentine/spring/"Miss you" gift - a huge and amazing Harry Potter coloring book. Needless to say, I've got myself in a bit of a Harry Potter mood. So when I got a few bucks from working (in 100+ degree greenhouses, kill me) I finally treated myself to this book. It's in transit. I'm very excited. 

This story about the kind of trash workers found in the bottom of a canal in France puzzled me. Some of it is expected (though still shameful) - bottles, cans, etc. But... why so many bikes? And motorcycles?! What with never having the urge to throw my bike into a body of water, I feel a little perplexed. 

I do love some Netflix, especially while feeling cruddy. I thought this list of movies was great, and I think I might watch Roman Holiday today.

Oh man, sometimes I hate it when people say "suck it up." Loathe it in some circumstances. (Sometimes it's okay - sometimes I'm truly just being lazy or wimpy and I need a friend to tell me to suck it up. But if someone is suffering... don't tell them to suck it up.) One of the nice things about getting back into Catholicism has been the idea of "offering it up." I loved this post about the difference between "sucking it up" and "offering it up." The latter is much better. Pain and suffering is hard, but you shouldn't have to hide it - and, if you "offer it up," you can use it to help people, too. 

I like hot dogs, I don't like Donald Trump, and I've always wanted to visit Chicago. So this sounds perfect.

I love me a before and after post. Or two.

Making this! Not today, but later this week. Chicken and dumplings is pretty much my favorite. I don't know how this will compare to homemade, but I also don't care. It looks delicious and easy. (Liz, click on it.)

I agree with what he's saying about Malia and Sasha's $20k dresses, and really, people should leave them alone... but I also feel weird that we live in a world where there are such things as dresses that cost $20,000. Thoughts? (Also, they're gorgeous.)

This story of a baby's heart starting to heal after being blessed by Pope Francis! <3 <3 <3

I don't need a huge house, but I can't fathom living like this. Too small, and... not worth it, for me.

And you've probably already seen this, but I loved this video of Van Gogh's art animated.  

That's all I've got this week!
__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment