Saturday, October 24, 2015

link love


The colder temperatures get on my nerves, but I'll never tire of autumn's colors. I miss New York, but it's plenty pretty here. I'm thinking I need to grab my camera and drive up to the Blue Ridge before the leaves all fall! 

Speaking of colder weather... I had to throw my jacket out after last winter because it tore. I have a nice light coat that is totally doing the job for now, but once later November comes around I'll probably need something a little heavier. I went to approximately 43985327 stores this week to try winter coats on and it was horrible. There was one store that had beautiful and warm jackets, but none in my size. Then I hit up a few department stores and tried on an ungodly amount of coats that cost an ungodly amount of money and even if I was comfortable/capable of dropping $150 on a coat right now, I didn't like the way any of them looked. And then of course, we go to Walmart for something else and I try on this jacket in red and loved it. Loved! It's probably not the warmest jacket, but I'm also in the south so I think it'd work. It felt heavy enough when I tried it. I was with my aunt when I tried it and she insisted I don't buy it because it's not good enough quality, but... Do I really want to spend money I don't have on an expensive jacket that (hopefully) won't fit me for more than a few months because I'm consistently losing weight? I really liked how I looked in it (it gave me a killer waste - which showed that my hips are wide but I'm totally fine with that) and I think it's better to not spend a lot on something I'll only be able to wear for one season. Plus I didn't find any jackets I liked at the better stores! Ah! What do I doooo? (I might go to Target - a step up from Walmart but not as pricey as others - and try this one on before making a decision.)

Side note: I've lost about 40 pounds so far this year but it's a frustrating thing. I don't think I look much different, and I've only gone down 1-2 sizes. I do not understand it. But! This was the first time in maybe years that I've put on a jacket with a cinched waist (the one from Walmart) and it felt great. I had (have!) a waist! I was beyond surprised. It was kinda like this:   

I know it's blurry. But you get the point.
Okay, moving on! 

I'm cracking up at this video. A pig named Chris P. Bacon! A news anchor who can't stop laughing! A person commenting that he'd name the wheel-chair bound pig "Sqwheels!" Too good!

I like quite a few TLC shows (yeah yeah, I know), but I had to laugh at this Onion article poking fun at the network. I could go for a little less crazy reality shows and a reprising of Trading Spaces.

I typically roll my eyes when people ask where all the good men have gone but then I read this and I can't help but think, "Why are all the good men taken???"

Have you seen this video of people reacting to a rainbow that forms a full circle? How cool! Loved it!!!   

Some of these would make lousy costumes for trick or treating, but some are great. For future daughters?!

Liz sent me this article about the "rainbow bagel" that people are flipping out about. It looks like a rainbow and tastes like sugary cereal. I'd try it, though I don't imagine I'd like it too much (and definitely not enough to get it every week). 

Would you be able to kill baby Hitler? Kind of a weird/uncomfortable but interesting prompt. 

This article about the morality of self-driving cars was fascinating. I personally don't like the idea of self-driving cars. A computer can never get the same kind of natural feel and thought process that only comes from experience. The article was thought-provoking nonetheless. Would you buy a car if you knew it'd sacrifice you before killing pedestrians?  

A couple recently welcomed identical triplets and their names are Thomas III, Finnegan, and Oliver - nicknamed Tripp, Finn, and Ollie. Swoon-worthy!

Check out these luxury homes that are half under water. I would never, ever, ever want that. No matter how much you love aquariums, there's a good chance you've occasionally thought, "What if this glass cracked?" while walking through those tubes. You know the ones I'm talking about! Now imagine having to entertain that thought while laying down to go to bed. No no no. Would you live in one? 

These descriptions of art at the Met that could double as Tindr bios are absolutely hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through. “Densely packed into an earthenware vase” CAN'T. 

This woman let her mom dress her for a week (sort of.. she didn't really commit) and wrote about it. It was a light, fun read. 

Of course, I support women's right to birth control. But maybe we should think twice before assuming it's good for women? (And certainly before thinking it's good for all women.)

I can't quite test out these excellent but "boozy" slow-cooker drinks this year (living with grandparents AND experiencing liver problems), but next year, maybe. 

Need a little chuckle? I'm still giggling at this vine Liz sent me a few days ago. Enjoy! (She also sent me this! Ha!) 

I'm a sucker for good marketing and this Barbie commercial slayed me. So sweet! 

I'm not a fan of charter schools and I don't really need more reasons to dislike them, but hey, here's one anyway. 

Some of these Harry Potter eye color discrepancies are irrelevant but I will never NOT be a tiny bit mad that they didn't even bother to make Lily's eyes the same color as Harry's. Ugh! Dammit, movie-makers. 

How cool are some of these adapted living spaces

Though I want a big family, I get that some people don't. If you tell me you want an only child, that's fine. You don't need a reason. But... this guy's reasoning hit a nerve. Not wanting another child because there's no way it could be as perfect as your first??? Come on.

This post is getting longer than I intended. Just a few more! 

I think spending 31 million dollars on a wedding is shameful, regardless of whether or not you can afford it. I also think a lot of this is tacky. But I do loooove her dress and his tux.


Oh gosh, I guess when I said "just a few more" I was lying! I'm gonna just make quick links for the last bunch: 









And last/probably least.... people are dying their hair red and calling it "pumpkin spice." 
#bornwithit 

Alright! Longest link post ever, I think? 

Til next week.
__
Charlotte 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment