Monday, August 31, 2015

August into September | 2015

This is old but I love it and I'm excited for fall.
September.  September!  This month has got my <3.  

I'm so excited for weather with tolerable temperatures.  For the apple festival coming up.  For the days of wearing sweaters.  Autumn is my power season, for sure.  

But this post is supposed to talk about last month.

Ehhhh, last month.  The loneliness of living 12 hours from childhood friends and 16+ hours from the city I lived in for almost six years has hit me pretty hard lately.  I have no friends here.  And I feel like I don't even talk to my friends via social media or phone as much as I used to anymore.  It's not a good feeling.  It's actually like a crushing feeling.    

Moving on. 

1. Medicine

Finally, I was able to start BC again and hopefully it'll kick in before next month because really, I'm over the pain.  

For much of the month, if I wasn't having severe pain I was having dull aches.  And I've had the joy of daily shooting pains down my legs and I think it's related to endo.  And oh man, the nausea and vomiting.  Luckily though, I didn't need to make any trips to the ER this last month.  I know birth control isn't a real solution and that it's just temporary (and I have no clue what I'll do when I'm married) but for now I'm so glad for the relief I'll soon get.  So, so glad. 

2. The first chapter of my book

This is exciting!  I have talked about wanting to write a book for such a long time.  I've finally actually started the real-deal.  I've done a few little things here and there over the last few years, but something feels different this time.  It's more thought out, I'm more consistent about working on it.  I mean, what I've got isn't great, but it's a start.
_____________________________________

Books!  

I haven't read a ton, but I do feel like I've picked up the pace over the last couple of months.  This month's reads included: 

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, finally (loved!)
The Christmas Grandma Ran Away From Home by Nancy Warren (don't judge me too hard - also, it was not great, it had basically no plot) 
The Martian by Andy Weir - SO SO SO GREAT 
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie - also great!  

(and a [very] short story, 2 B R 0 2 B, by Kurt Vonnegut)

So that brings my total of books read this year to around 20.  I'm probably going to fall short of my goal of 40-50, but it's more than I normally read so I'm happy.  
____________________________________ 

Randoms. 

I'm watching the Yankee game as I write this.  So far these clowns have had 18 men on base and only have two runs.  Shameful. 

I'm going crazy.  Aside from being hella lonely, I don't enjoy feeling like an unproductive waste of space.  Sure, I think we focus on "work" too much, but it's been a while since I've had a steady job and I'd just like to feel like a human again.  Every day I have to try and think of things to do (I love reading and writing but staying idle all day is not fun).  It's not the best of situations.  Mainly it's caused by my health issues, but I'm starting to think of putting off thinking about surgery.  If I'm on BC most of my symptoms subside (at least for most of the month) and so maybe I can work... I mean there are occasional bad days but I just don't know what to do.  The surgery isn't definite and there's no timeline yet and I can't just keep putting everything else off.  (Also, one of my goals was to reach out to UNC and Atlanta about the surgeries.  I've reached out to one but not the other.  I'm thinking of scrapping the UNC idea completely, and pursuing Atlanta from NY.  Because again: unbearably lonely and very bored.)

Liz just sent me this on Facebook, captioned, "You." 


Me for sure.  Think of all the exciting things I could do!  Like live!  And go to the dentist!  Woo! 

I'm going back to NY soon and it's stressing me out.  Excited for the proximity to my friends, but scared of living with my family again.

I mentioned loving September and autumn earlier - two big reasons are sports and tv.  Football!  The exciting part of baseball!  And as for tv shows... I'm not a huge television person, but I do have a few shows I watch.  I love Grey's Anatomy, The Mindy Project (which I won't be able to watch since it moved to Hulu - death), and Once Upon a Time.  I recently rewatched the last episodes of Grey's and Once in anticipation and I. am. so. ready.
____________________________________ 

Looking at last month's goals.... I actually achieved most of them.  Woah.  I did not line up a primary, but I have been doing research.  I was sick so couldn't swim or play basketball as much as I'd like, but I made sure to work out every day.  When I'm not feeling well I take advantage of those little windows of pain-free time and just exercise in my room a bit.  Nothing hard core, but it's something.  I wrote blog posts an average of three times a week, so I'm only one post away from my goal.  And I ate fast food a couple of times, but it was because I was on the road.  15 hour long road trips usually require fast food. I read more than I wanted to!  Woot.  I wrote to my friends and tried to take more pictures.  :)  Happy happy. 
____________________________________ 

Goals for September  

Read six books 

Go to church at least once, slacker

Make plan for registering for spring classes

Plan Albany trip 

Enjoy Apple Festival 

Lose at least seven pounds

Figure out details of the move back to NY 


All smiles and no misery. 
__
Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment