Sunday, August 23, 2015

link love


Everyone's leastfavorite post - this week's links (as always, some may be old things that I just now stumbled upon):


Funny....... but sad because it's probably true.  Unless we really are on the cusp of a political revolution (it does sort of feel like it to me). 


I love this.  It's sorta longer than I expected, but the happiness is palpable. 


Kudos to them.  


Austerity is bad and has never worked.  Also it's exacerbating mental illness. 


Loved this! 


This was fun!  It's like a Buzzfeed quiz.  I got Don Bosco.  


So I'm all for giving people fines when they do stupid things like this.  But hunting a kid down and having him arrested for climbing the bridge?  Seems like an overreaction and a complete waste of time and resources.  


"The racist opposition is working hard to stop me from participating in the political system through voting. I do not want to give them the satisfaction of silencing my voice in that way. But, to vote means to uphold a system that is rotten at its core. To vote means to reinforce a white supremacist structure that actively, strategically and relentlessly exploits and exterminates black lives both domestically and globally."


Love this man.  Also like what he has to say about suffering. 


Quick but cool.  


This was excellent.  Somehow, it is more entertaining than the debate itself. 


Ah.  This makes me uneasy because 1. I sometimes sneak candy and 2. privacy issues... but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't make me feel a little bit better.  (Though yes, any man can probably still carry a gun in his pants.)


Trump and some of his supporters insist that the way he speaks is perfectly fine - this goes to show it isn't.  These men are bad enough on their own, but Trump needs to take his role seriously.  (Well, really he needs to just drop out, but you know.)  But it's okay - these guys are just passionate


Moms write tinder bios for their kids and it's pretty great.  


I think this is my favorite HP theory, too. 


Heyyy I've had some of these.  And been some of these!  


More ways the system is trying to keep black people down. 

That was longer than usual.  

Also, I should read less Buzzfeed.  
__
Charlotte 


No comments:

Post a Comment