Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Man Chronicles: Quick Question (aka help)


Welcome to The Man Chronicles, a series at THL.  Or more accurately, an "occasional series" because my dating life is very Miranda Hobbes circa her panic attack aka sources for post subjects are scarce.  I really get my flirt on with the Chinese food guy, though.   

Series motto (for now!), methinks: "Do any of you have a completely unremarkable friend or maybe a houseplant I could go to dinner with on Saturday night?"

Teeechnically, Chuck is supposed to be next.  And I will definitely make haste and throw his story up here soon.

But I'm going to post something relating to John first.  So let's pretend we're Carrie Bradshaw (though she is not a good role model) and mull over questions that many other people ask all. the. time.

When do you know there's no possibility of a relationship with a friend?  Or - is that ever the case?  Can you be friends for months or years and suddenly turn into more?  And worse, if it doesn't work out....... WHAT DO YOU DO?  (For me, the biggest reason I've never hardcore hinted at a crush is the worry of what will happen to the friendship if either 1. the feeling is not mutual and things are now awkward or 2. the feeling is mutual but the relationship doesn't work out.  Which means... I never, ever take the plunge.  Maybe I should though)

  
Maybe I will pester my friends and write a follow up with semi-answers to this later in the week.  For now, feel free to share your wisdom.  ;) 

__
Charlotte   


No comments:

Post a Comment