Monday, August 17, 2015

link love

Enjoy this unrelated photo of a cute&quirky footpath.
In my last monthly post I floated the idea of weekly posts of links from around el web.  Well I am a slacker and haven't done it yet.  (Well nah, I'm a sometimes-slacker, but my dismal posting trends of late are actually due to sickness and a lot of short-notice travelling.  I made the trip to NY and back this week which means I was in the car for 30 hours over the course of two and a half days UGH.)
I woke up really wanting to just.publish.something.already!  But I'm in pain and gearing up for a few days of severe pain, vomiting, and exhaustion, so... nothing too long or inspiring or thoughtful to post for now.  We'll keep it light and semi-sweet. 

My favorite things on the web lately (okay - and some that are not recent but that I've only just stumbled on): 


I love houses, I love city streets, I love crafts.  Which means I love this project over on Bower Power. 


This is an old article but I just read it.  A lot of the people commenting are angry/offended redheaded men.  They seem to want to tell the world that no! I'm not sensitive!  I tolerate pain more than most!  And reading those comments made me laugh because 1. Calm down, egos.  and 2. The article says redheads feel more pain and that anesthetics don't work as well on redheads.  That doesn't mean you cry about everything, it just means you endure more pain.  (Which, by the way, means yes, you probably do tolerate pain better than others.  If you feel pain often you're going to have a higher threshold for it.) 


A post filled of names this blogger loves but probably wouldn't use on a real child?!  Right up my alley.  (Though I think a lot of the boy names are just fine.)  And you all know I'll have to make a list of my own now.)


I just think this is kinda beautiful. 


Just funny. 


I know this is controversial and that almost all of my friends are pro-choice.  And while I definitely definitely think the debate needs to be less hateful (really, stop calling women who've gotten abortions bad names), I believe it's an important thing to talk about.  I thought the points in this post were good. 


I love pretty much everything Gabrielle at Design Mom writes.  I especially loved this!  Obviously things might change when I have kids (especially since it takes two and for all I know - whoever I am married to might have different opinions on schooling), but this is basically exactly how I feel about education.  Also I love that she acknowledges privilege when addressing issues that exist in the social realm. 


#resistcapitalism & #dopepope all in one.  


This made me laugh.  A woman asked for a "wee blonde girl" on her daughter's birthday cake, but thanks to autocorrect, she got a wee blind girl.  


I wrote that very long name-related post the other day and Kate over at Sancta Nomina continued the fun, picking really great names for theoretical triplets!  Go check out her choices as well as those in the comments!!  I love this stuff.  

I think that's it for this week!  

__
Charlotte 




No comments:

Post a Comment