Saturday, April 25, 2015

"DIY" candle holder

I like candles a lot.  And candle holders.  Which is why I was pumped when I was given this old not-so-great candle holder that was bought at a garage sale for something like $1.  


It doesn't look too bad there (other than the foggy glass...) but it was dark and if you look closer, there were scratches all over it.



Sooooo I decided to brighten it up with some soap and water, a little paint, and a new candle:




The pictures don't really do it justice.  The glass is sparkly clean, the blue is a little brighter than these pictures show (it's called Bahama Blue... wow fancy), and the candle is yellow.  

My camera is perfectly fine.  My picture-taking ability is not.   

So yes.  Solution to boredom and a new lovely candle holder.  

__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment