Sunday, October 18, 2015

link love


I just got word it's snowing in upstate New York. Simultaneously glad that I'm not there and jealous because I'm not there. I miss my friends.

On to happier things, though, like random links from around the www.

Loved this recap of American presidents Johnson-McKinley (or, as the writer says, "The Mustache Era"). It was informative, like all articles from Wait But Why, but also funny. My kind of article.

Droughts suck but this is cool.

I thought this article about potential upsides of being prone to guilt was really interesting. I don't think it's healthy to feel guilty about every little thing, but we can all agree that people who never own up to mistakes are insufferable, yes? It does make sense to me that people who feel guilt would have higher scores on emotional intelligence tests.

This doesn't surprise me, but it's always good to keep in mind: poverty has horrible effects on children. Even a little bit of money can have drastic positive changes.

I know it's going around like wildfire, but Larry David is perfect.

Liz and I wrote what might be my favorite blog post: Books to Read in Your Twenties. Check it out!

This is irrelevant for the vast majority of my friends, but I do know a few women who are nursing, so I thought I'd share this article that highlights things we might not know about breastfeeding.

I've got to tuck this into my pocket for future bridal party inspiration.

Love/want this Stars Hollow poster.

Did you see this game-winning last-second play that sent a shocked fan to the hospital for a heart attack??

Every now and then the world is gifted a perfect article that is perfectly written - one that is hilariously funny, but that accurately describes the problems we're all facing. This is such a gift.

Usually, I'm not a fan of words as names. But I actually liked some of these word baby name suggestions.

This aunt who sued her little nephew for hugging her is the worst. I couldn't believe the story wasn't satire. 

Most posts about Gilmore Girls are endearing, but I found this one extra enjoyable.

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are expecting a baby and it's the sweetest thing. Especially happy for them since they've had difficulty getting pregnant for a while.

I'm dying to try this recipe for sausage, potato, and spinach soup.

And I loved this post from His Pierced Hands. I'm actually going to go ahead and copy and paste the prayer she included here, but go read the whole post. It's terrific.
Lord, I offer you all of me, all that I am and all that I am not. I offer you every good decision and every regrettable mistake, every great accomplishment and every missed opportunity, every divinely inspired gift and every unapplied talent, every success and every miserable failure. I offer you all joy and all heartache, every kindness and every bitterness to be forgotten, every twinkle in my eye and every tear flowing down my cheek, every great love and each lost or irrecoverable act of charity. I offer you every quiet reflective moment and all of the unneeded chaos around me, all things holy and good in me and all things in need of greater purification. I give you every joyful memory and every bitter foul pain, each future moment and every missed opportunity to love, every kind act and each regrettable harsh word, all meekness and humility within me and every misplaced prideful thought, every virtue and every weak vice, every laugh and all misery mixed with weeping. I give you every healthy breath and every weakness of mind and body, every attempt at chastity and every unworthy lustful thought, every restful repose and every anxious sleepless night. O Lord, you can have all of me, the beauty that you’ve deposited deep within me and the emptiness of my sinful faults. I love you and am yours completely. Amen. -Pedro de la Cruz
Isn't that perfect??
__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment