Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Currently Reading (March 2016)


Yesterday I mentioned that my reading habits have morphed into something fierce and relentless. Slight exaggeration for dramatic flair, but still. I've always tended to read multiple books at once, but that has always meant I've read around two or three books at once. Lately.... nearly ten books. I'm attributing it to how busy I've been. Sometimes I just don't want to read a serious book, so I turn to Amy Poehler's autobio. Other times the mere thought of reading an autobiography makes me woozy, so I'll pick up my beloved instead. Yet other times I'll want to read George Orwell. For like six hours straight. It's a crazy world I live in.

My current reads go something like:


I read the HP books several times a year. I'm that cool. Right now I'm making my way through ootp, which is nice because usually I read books 4 or 7 over and over and I neglect the others. Harry Potter > most other things in life. No books make me happier than HP. 


Okay fine, done, but I just reviewed it yesterday, which is when I started this post, so I'm including it. For details on it, check out my review over on Filthy Casket. I enjoy reading the occasional self-help book (except this shit) and I've noticed I'm much more likely follow through on my goals and on good habits when I read these kind of books, so I like to read them every few weeks.


I joined Emma Watson's book club on Goodreads (which is called Our Shared Shelf, but I still think it ought to have been called Femmanist Book Club). Anyway, The Color Purple was her book choice for February, and I'm just a little behind. But I WILL catch up. I always do. (Lol not always, but like half the time, which is great in baseball, so...) This is definitely one of the heavier reads, both in regard to the content and the writing (it's written in the way it would be spoken, and I always take a bit longer reading books like that). 

4. 1984 

This has been on my list for literal years. Years. It's also on our list of books to read in our twenties (granted, it's specifically on Liz's list, but I'm a dunce who just forgot to include it). I love this kind of book, even though they're usually sadly on point/prophetic.


A library pick. I've just now started this, and I've got high hopes for it. I love Agatha Christie and have yet to read something of hers I haven't liked. This will be my first Miss Marple book. Very excited. 


Just purchased this treat. For some reason (because I'm a snob, probably) I didn't think I'd be into this book based on the cover and the title. But the description hooked me.


I chose this as my next Blogging For Books pick. (So keep an eye out for a review on FC soon-ish.) I think it sounds fantastic and I can't wait to get my hot little perpetually cold hands on it.


I started this book ages ago and put it down for some reason (most likely, I turned to HP). But I do remember being intrigued as I read along, and I've started back up. This is strictly an at-home read for me since it's in a book housing the entire trilogy and therefore doesn't fit in my bag. I mention this because I tend to take a longer time reading books if I don't bring them along to waiting rooms and such. But I'm determined to finish it this month!

I do feel like I'm forgetting one more.... I'm sure I'll remember it at some supremely inconvenient hour. 

What are you reading?    
__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment