Thursday, June 5, 2014

Ten Tips for Daily Survival


The amount of stress in my life is absurd.  I don't say this in a pity-me way - it's just my reality.  So much so that sometimes I start looking forward to bed right after waking up.  And since I'm not terribly fond of living that way, I try to do certain things that make the day a little better.    
   
Obviously, these tips might not actually work for anyone other than myself.  But I'm cool with that.

1. Coffee.  Nuff said. 

2. Drink ridiculous amounts of water.  I still have a hard time following this rule sometimes, because I'm addicted to soda.  Specifically Coke.  I used to drink soda for every single meal, and I'd drink it any time I was thirsty or whenever I had a snack.  Water bottles were for the weak!  Ha.  Not so.  Since upping my water intake (still no where near enough), I just physically feel better.  Although (and I'm assuming this is short term), while I've been losing weight recently, I went up a size or two in pants after I started drinking a lot of water.  That's annoying.  Ain't nobody have enough money to go buy pants that you'll only need for two weeks.  ....hopefully two weeks. 

3. Talk to a friend.  I don't mean say hello.  I mean have an actual conversation with a friend.  Sometimes I just randomly pick someone and ask them how life is going.  It ends up becoming a good conversation.  I really think long talks with friends can make any day better.  Unless you're sick or pms or something and want nothing to do with anyone.  If that's the case... maybe don't talk.  Make up for it another day.  

4. I don't care what, but make sure to read something.  Aside from being an escape (particularly on rough days), it makes ya shmaaaart. 

5. Watch this (or something like it).  

6. Make it your mission to come up with at least one awful pun a day.  Puns make everything better.  They involve laughing no matter what, whether it's because they're really funny or because you're laughing at the fool who came up with it.  (This mean you could very likely be laughing at yourself.) 


7. Drink tea.  Green tea, black tea, bagged tea, loose tea.. just drink some.  

.........This post is making it abundantly clear that beverages are important to me. 

8. Be around people.  This tip was going to be something along the lines of, "interact with people," or "go for a walk somewhere that has people," but then I realized, it's not always easy or desirable to be around people.  I mean, I think it's ultimately a good thing because people are wonderful and most of them are nice and you get to observe other people.  Does this sound creepy?  I don't know.  But you know when you see people who are fussing over their baby because he or she sneezed, and you get to smile and be like, "first kid."  Or when people meet each other for dinner or something and you see their faces light up at the sight of each other.  You get what I'm saying?  I hardly get what I'm saying.  But people are great and being around other people is good.  Of course, let's be real, sometimes, if you're in the right mood, the thought of having to make small talk or even smile at a stranger is repulsive.  So maybe on those days it's best to go for a drive around populated areas or something.  (I did say these tips might only make sense for me. ;)

9. Music.  Listen to it. 

10. Pray (/the non-religious equivalent of praying).  I really suck at praying.  Like really, really suck.  Aside from not really having a deep understanding of prayer (just now beginning to get the concept of offering up suffering...), I just ramble.  I'll be all, "Thank you for (person) and (person) and (opportunity)."  

So it's a good start.  But then I'm like, "Watch out for (person) and please keep (person) safe.  And I guess also their families.  Protect (close friend).  I guess I shouldn't just pray for my friends, though.  That's selfish.  Okay, so also I want to pray for (random people).  Although.. why should I leave anyone out?  Can I just pray for everyone?  That kind of defeats the purpose though, huh?  Yeah, okay.  Never mind." 

Apparently, I should just be praying for guidance on how to pray.  But yeah, at least think of the things you're grateful for and/or some goals.  Just try not to be such a hot mess when you're doing so.  

(If you can't help it and you are a hot mess, just comfort yourself with wise words from Mindy.  That's what I do.)
 So yeah.  Those are the things I try to do so I can make it through the day without being in constant misery.  Good luck. 

__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment