Sunday, June 15, 2014

Weekling: W.6

For other posts in this series, go here: Weeklings

Happenings

This was the Week of Little Things.

(This is going to be really boring.  Warned you.)

For years now, I've basically eaten fast food or take out for every single meal.  In college it felt like my only option because I worked in the morning, went to class, and worked in the afternoon.  So by the time dinner rolled around, I was exhausted and didn't feel like I had time to cook, anyway.  Everything was just so rushed, so Taco Bell was the fastest and cheapest option.  For the last year or so I've been the same way, except I'd order real food from real restaurants sometimes, if it was in the budget.  On top of being busy, being depressed to the point where making the bed is an accomplishment didn't really help the situation either.

But.

This week, I made a bunch of food.  At my house.  With ingredients.  (Probably some eye rolling going on, as this is something normal people do daily, but it's been a while for me and little things like this add up and make me feel better, so whatever.)  My favorite was probably the mushroom provolone melts I found on Pinterest.  I'm not going to go through everything I made, my point is just that it feels good.



On Friday, a few of our friends came over and we ate pizza followed by this dessert concoction I found online.  It was cherry pie filling, chocolate, and Dr. Pepper thrown in a crock pot and although I should have let it cook longer, it was delish.  We went and saw Maleficent (again) afterwards.  It was a really good night.  Can we talk about how chilling Angelina Jolie's scream/cry is in that movie?  Chills everywhere.

Last week was the first week in months that I didn't have to go to a doctor and get blood drawn or have some painful test done.  It was pretty wonderful.  I don't like complaining about going to the doctors too much, though, because there's a solid chance I won't be able to after July, so...  But yeah, this week ends that mini-vacation, and I get to have blood drawn.  woo.

Thankful for

Obviously there are a lot of people and things I'm always thankful for, and I try to be mindful of them everyday.  But, for the purpose of this post, is it weird to say I'm thankful for Pinterest?  Yes?  Oh well.  It gives me a ton of good recipes and a bunch of sites with directions on how to paint furniture, so, it's been helpful.

Books I'm reading now 

I'm almost done with The Twelve Tribes of Hattie!  Finally.  Still working on Little Women and Divergent.

Best kid quotes

The kids weren't funny this week.  They probably actually were, but I'm drawing a blank right now.  My bad.

Random 

Sour Patch Watermelon candies are my new favorite candy, I think.

I really, really like these earrings.  I don't think they look that great in that picture, but I saw them in real life today and I like them a lot.  But, $24 for earrings makes me cringe a bit.

I live right next to a park and Pride was this weekend.  Usually I hate on any events going on in/near the park, because it means no where to park our cars.  NO WHERE.  But Pride was the first event that didn't involve cars upon cars all over the place, and there was cool music.  Definitely beats a marathon shutting down your street the day that you have surgery and can't walk.  Yeah.

To-do

I've been thinking about my to-do list, and I think I'm going to tackle painting the night stand first.  Right now I'm choosing between painting it somewhat similar to this color:

http://www.southernrevivals.com/2013/09/updating-vintage-sideboard-buffet-with.html
Or something more like this:

http://www.iidudu.com/functional-and-inspirational-classic-distressed-furniture/distressed-antiqued-white-french-provincial-dresser-with-some-patterned-handles-in-black-themes/
Links worth looking at 

Desperate Times Call for the Saint of Desperate Cases - Catholic Exchange
If Homeless People Looked Like This Would We Still Ignore Them? - Upwprthy
Defense officials prepare to fight the poor, activists, and minorities (and commies) - The Guardian

This will be the last week I slack on links, swearsies.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

__
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment